Security Mechanism Default

Post by Simon Brow » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 02:28:19

Hi,

I have written my own security mechanism (SIA) for changing passwords (see
below). How do I make option 1 (Sysgem) the default? I have probably seen
the answer 1,000 times while reading man siacfg, but it has not registered
with my withering brain cells :-)

# passwd test

You are registered with the following security mechanisms

   1  Sysgem
   2  OSFC2

[Default selection:  2]

Select ONE item by number:

TIA
--
Simon Brown, CH-7031 Laax, Switzerland
www.hb9drv.ch

Post by Ann Majesk » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 05:09:27

> Hi,

> I have written my own security mechanism (SIA) for changing passwords (see
> below). How do I make option 1 (Sysgem) the default? I have probably seen
> the answer 1,000 times while reading man siacfg, but it has not registered
> with my withering brain cells :-)

> # passwd test

> You are registered with the following security mechanisms

>    1  Sysgem
>    2  OSFC2

> [Default selection:  2]

> Select ONE item by number:

> TIA
> --
> Simon Brown, CH-7031 Laax, Switzerland
> www.hb9drv.ch

I haven't tried this, but it looks like there might
be a couple possibilities.  First thing I'd try is
to try swapping the order the sia mechanisms are
defined in.  To do this I'd try using the -P or -A
option to siacfg.

It may be that you can't get it to swap to using
your mechanism as the default for password change.
It's possible that it always defaults to the more
complete mechanism, which would be Enhanced
Security since you only supply a password change
mechanism and not session support and all the rest.

Ann

Security Mechanism Default

Post by Simon Brow » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 05:53:19

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the idea, I'll try it tomorrow.
--
Simon Brown, CH-7031 Laax, Switzerland
www.hb9drv.ch

> > Hi,

> > I have written my own security mechanism (SIA) for changing passwords
(see
> > below). How do I make option 1 (Sysgem) the default? I have probably
seen
> > the answer 1,000 times while reading man siacfg, but it has not
registered
> > with my withering brain cells :-)

> > # passwd test

> > You are registered with the following security mechanisms

> >    1  Sysgem
> >    2  OSFC2

> > [Default selection:  2]

> > Select ONE item by number:

> > TIA
> > --
> > Simon Brown, CH-7031 Laax, Switzerland
> > www.hb9drv.ch

> I haven't tried this, but it looks like there might
> be a couple possibilities.  First thing I'd try is
> to try swapping the order the sia mechanisms are
> defined in.  To do this I'd try using the -P or -A
> option to siacfg.

> It may be that you can't get it to swap to using
> your mechanism as the default for password change.
> It's possible that it always defaults to the more
> complete mechanism, which would be Enhanced
> Security since you only supply a password change
> mechanism and not session support and all the rest.

> Ann

1. PLEASE HELP ME!!! ; enhance BIND security mechanism

hi everyone...

i have my own dns server...using linux redhat 5.2...and using BIND 8.1.2.. i
want to enhance the security mechanism;

a) internal additional data checking,
b) secure_zone TXT records
c) xfernets directive
d) bogusns
e) options no-recursion and options no-fetch-glue

i want to know which mechanism is the best to develope especially using C
programming...can someone send me the sample of the programming or anything
else that i can use to develope my security mechanism....or the me the web
that provide all this kind developement

that's all for now...hope to hear from u all as soon as possible

2. Any news about the printer system beyond 2.3?

3. Default OS security....

4. fdisk scsi problems and fdisk crashes

5. Default Security profiles

6. Help with benchmarking

7. changing default security settings RH8.0

8. where is my Linux T-shirt?

9. Default Apache security??

10. Security Defaults cannot be changed properly

11. RedHat 5.1 default security.

12. Default security flags

13. Default Security