Console is secure

Post by Tong » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 05:43:28

My machine is a Alpha UP2000. I try to recover the firmware via
failsafe boot. When the machine starts up, the console says "Console
is secure" when I try any command. I do not know the console password.
I try "login", then press Ctrl/p (suppose is the Halt button in my
machine), then press Enter, it does not work.

Your help is very much appreciated.

1. Secure Secure Secure

O.k...
So...
Rookie question here...
We are running Red Hat Linux and have setup our DNS box and Web Servers,

All is well.
Now.....We want to be able to run Secure web sites on this system and do
not have the slightest clue as to how to do it.
I have been told I have to find some "hard to get version of Apache"
that supports 128 bit encryption...
Basically...
what do I need to do to be able to host secure web sites.
Buy a site certificate?........Where?
What software do we need.?
Can we do this just using cgi scripts?
Any suggestions ????

Please....if you are able to clarify this whole secure site thing...drop
me an e mail at

I will really appreciate it.....

thanks in advance..

Brian

2. Openserver 5 and dual Pentium Pro's

3. Am i secure?

5. Am I secure with ipchains and TCP WRAPPERS??

6. FIPS and Win95

7. How secure am I really??

8. Interpreting The Output of "who -a"

9. How secure am I?

10. Am I running at the console?

11. How can my script tell if I am in the console?

12. am losing console on RS/6000-320

13. How can I tell whether I am logging in on console inside .login?