The "famous" authorization problem with SWAT

The "famous" authorization problem with SWAT

Post by Jerome Belle » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 17:19:34

With OSF 4.0 and Samba 2.2.2, when root tries to connect to SWAT, the
following error appears:
401 Bad Authorization
username or password incorrect

It was said there are 2 solutions:

1) comment out '#define HAVE_TRUNCATED_SALT 1' out of config.h after running
configure

This not helps with Tru64.

2) re- ./configure --with-pam

With Tru64, the following error occurs during the execution of configure:
checking checking if large file support can be enabled... yes
checking whether to support ACLs... no
checking whether to build winbind... no, unsupported on osf4.0g
checking configure summary
configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

Any idea? Or course, we don't want to run swat with the -a option...

TIA, Jerome

PS: Sorry, I've already posted this message to comp.protocols.smb but I've
forgotten to cross-post.
This is a vilain copy :-(