Looking up setld subsets

Post by ped.. » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
Does anyone know what the best ways is to look up the location of
a tru64 subset just from the subset name, eg OSFBASExxxx
Is there any page on the web where you can do this kind of query,
maybe on the compaq site?
Thanks for any help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Looking up setld subsets

Post by Tim Moon » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,
> Does anyone know what the best ways is to look up the location of
> a tru64 subset just from the subset name, eg OSFBASExxxx
> Is there any page on the web where you can do this kind of query,
> maybe on the compaq site?

What do you mean by location?  I don't understand what you're asking
for.

Tim
--

Information Technology Services         (701) 231-1076 (Voice)
Room 242-J1, IACC Building              (701) 231-8541 (Fax)

Looking up setld subsets

Post by ped.. » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi Tim
By location, ie on which CD the subset is located.

> > Hi,
> > Does anyone know what the best ways is to look up the location of
> > a tru64 subset just from the subset name, eg OSFBASExxxx
> > Is there any page on the web where you can do this kind of query,
> > maybe on the compaq site?

> What do you mean by location?  I don't understand what you're asking
> for.

> Tim
> --
> Tim Mooney

Quote:> Information Technology Services         (701) 231-1076 (Voice)
> Room 242-J1, IACC Building              (701) 231-8541 (Fax)
> North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105-5164

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Looking up setld subsets

Post by Alan Rollow - Dr. File System's Home for Wayward Inode » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

>By location, ie on which CD the subset is located.

>> > Does anyone know what the best ways is to look up the location of
>> > a tru64 subset just from the subset name, eg OSFBASExxxx
>> > Is there any page on the web where you can do this kind of query,
>> > maybe on the compaq site?

Looking at my V4.0G Release Notes, there is an appendix which has
a listing of all the subsets on the Base, Associated Products Volume
1 and Volume 2 CDROMs.  Whatever web site has the online documentation
will also probably have a copy of the Release Notes for a version,
but printed copies are generally included with kits.

For the Software Product Library, there's an index included with the
CDs that show which CD a product is on.  There's a copy of this
information on each CDROM itself.

In general the OSF prefixed subsets will be on the BASE CDROM.
--

1. Using setld to resinstall subsets with patches

        I would like to use setld to add a software subset from the
distribution CD related to a product that has been patched. In my
particular case, I would like to add the Trucluster man pages subset,
TCRMAN150. The other TCR subsets were installed in the past and
subsequently patched so there are a bunch of TCRPATxxxxxxxxxxx subsets
installed. When I do try to load the TCRMAN150 subset, I receive a
message "The product is already installed" and "please delete all of the
associated subsets before installing TCRMAN150". Now, if I delete all
the TCR related subsets and reinstall them, I suspect I am going to lose
all the patches. Can anyone confirm? Is the conclusion that I can't add
the man pages without obtaining and reinstalling all the patches to
the software itself? I would appreciate any insight anyone can provide.
                                        Steve Bart

2. Sybase 10.0.2, SPARCstorage array fix!

3. Help with 'setld' subset control programs?

4. Solaris quake2?

5. setld -d doesn't delete directories created when installing product with setld -l

6. About motif under Linux

7. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

8. Austin Laptops

9. setld -d doesn't delete directories that are created as part of a product installed with setld -l

10. looking for latest version of UPS

11. Looking for the best UPS with software

12. Looking for information that will help in porting the ups debugger..

13. Looking for ups or graphical debugger to run under fvwm