Implementing Windows2000 SSO for Tru64

Post by Heinz-Hermann Ada » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 22:04:03

Hi,

we are planning to migrate our T64 machines from 4.0f to 5.1 or 5.1A and
look for
a replacement for the DCE client on T64.

As we have an integrated WindowsNT/OpenVMS Pathworks environment that is
just
being migrated to Active Directory we intend to use the Windows 2000
Single
Sign-On (SSO) for T64 integration.

The first step, extending of the AD Schema, was successful. But as we
installed the
extension to the MMC (Microsoft Management Console) on Windows 2000 to
see the
added attributes for the T64 part of a user account, the additional
'Tru64 UNIX'
tab (as shown in the SSO manual) in the user properties of 'Active
Directory
Users & Computers' doesn't show up.

Has anyone implemented SSO successfully or is experiencing similar
problems or
even has a hint or solution to my problem?

Please email me directly.

TIA

Heinz-Hermann Adam

Implementing Windows2000 SSO for Tru64

Post by Michael Heimin » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 07:22:08

February 2002 14:04:

Quote:> Hi,

> we are planning to migrate our T64 machines from 4.0f to 5.1 or 5.1A
> and look for
> a replacement for the DCE client on T64.

> As we have an integrated WindowsNT/OpenVMS Pathworks environment
> that is just
> being migrated to Active Directory we intend to use the Windows 2000
> Single
> Sign-On (SSO) for T64 integration.

> The first step, extending of the AD Schema, was successful. But as
> we installed the
> extension to the MMC (Microsoft Management Console) on Windows 2000
> to see the
> added attributes for the T64 part of a user account, the additional
> 'Tru64 UNIX'
> tab (as shown in the SSO manual) in the user properties of 'Active
> Directory
> Users & Computers' doesn't show up.

> Has anyone implemented SSO successfully or is experiencing similar
> problems or
> even has a hint or solution to my problem?

Unsure, however, enabled C2 security will hopefully prevent something
like this...

Michael Heiming
--
Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

Implementing Windows2000 SSO for Tru64

Post by Heinz-Hermann Ada » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 23:51:23

[...]

Quote:> Unsure, however, enabled C2 security will hopefully prevent something
> like this...

SSO can not be used on a T64 system running enhanced (C2 or similar)
security, that much is clear to me.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Tru64 is not involved so far, as I'm
still trying to set up the accounts in Active Directory so that T64 can
use them via SSO/Kerberos/LDAP. Specifically I'm trying to add the UID,
GID, shell and homepath information to the AD, but don't get the proper
interface although I installed it from the Associated Products Vol. 2 CD
on the Windows 2000 Server. When using another mmc snap-in, such as
adsiedit, I can see and fill the fields made during the Schema
extension.

Do you have SSO running?

Kind regards

Heinz-Hermann Adam

Implementing Windows2000 SSO for Tru64

Post by Michael Heimin » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 02:25:08

2002 15:51:

> [...]
>> Unsure, however, enabled C2 security will hopefully prevent
>> something like this...

> SSO can not be used on a T64 system running enhanced (C2 or similar)
> security, that much is clear to me.

Glad to hear...

Quote:> Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Tru64 is not involved so far, as
> I'm still trying to set up the accounts in Active Directory so that
> T64 can use them via SSO/Kerberos/LDAP. Specifically I'm trying to
> add the UID, GID, shell and homepath information to the AD, but
> don't get the proper interface although I installed it from the
> Associated Products Vol. 2 CD on the Windows 2000 Server. When using
> another mmc snap-in, such as adsiedit, I can see and fill the fields
> made during the Schema extension.

> Do you have SSO running?

Nope, but I remember remotely the huge problems setting up services
for UNIX with Micro$haft NT and Tru64, it took month to get it
working, installing & setting up samba on the Tru64 box would have
been a matter of hours....

Good luck

Michael Heiming
--

Post by Rudolf Gable » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 22:20:13

> [...]
> > Unsure, however, enabled C2 security will hopefully prevent something
> > like this...

> SSO can not be used on a T64 system running enhanced (C2 or similar)
> security, that much is clear to me.

> Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Tru64 is not involved so far, as I'm
> still trying to set up the accounts in Active Directory so that T64 can
> use them via SSO/Kerberos/LDAP. Specifically I'm trying to add the UID,
> GID, shell and homepath information to the AD, but don't get the proper
> interface although I installed it from the Associated Products Vol. 2 CD
> on the Windows 2000 Server. When using another mmc snap-in, such as
> adsiedit, I can see and fill the fields made during the Schema
> extension.

I think it's a bug. You can fill in something, but this settings are not
displayed when you reenter the card.

Quote:

> Do you have SSO running?

> Kind regards

> Heinz-Hermann Adam

1. LILO: dual Windows2000/Windows2000 ?

I need to have a dual-boot machine, where I can maintain two different
environments.  On one hard drive I will boot into my business
environment.  And then another environment for home/entertainment use
that the kids can use without endangering my work stuff.  I have two
hard drives, and I want to set up each one with its own Windows 2000
installation.

I don't know how to properly configure a boot-loader to make it
possible to choose the environment at boot time.

Can/should I use LILO to do this?  If so, what do I do?  If not, what
should I use?

Thanks,
mike

2. Getting all of linux easily

3. How Tru64 implement SMP management?

4. bash shell problem with ls -al | cut -d " " -f20-22

5. C fonction to implement if a process is still there on Solaris 5.8, Tru64

6. Where is Net3

7. Migration Tru64 4.0D to Tru64 5.1

8. RH Linux: Apache Web Server

9. Compaq Tru64 now officially HP Tru64?

10. Long-term future of SSO custom architecture

11. Windows Single Sign On (SSO) insecure?

12. Using SSO system with Apache

13. SSO - Single Sign On