Symposium: CETS-2001 Hotels

Post by Jeff Killee » Sat, 30 Jun 2001 21:40:44

Assuming that about 5000 people will attend CETS this year we reserved about
3000 hotel rooms. This is normal ratio because of locals and people who make
their own hotel reservations. For some reason, yet unknown to us, the hotels
are going at a fast rate. The very low cost hotel rooms are about gone. At
the current pace the reserved rooms will be gone by the end of July. Of
course there will be rooms available at that point, there are plenty of
rooms in Anaheim. However, the additional rooms will not be available at the
convention rate. If you are super sensitive to the hotel costs I would
suggest you register early.

There were some cases of the advertised hotel rates and rates not matching
during the registration process.  That is being fixed and registrations that
were processed are being reviewed...

Symposium: CETS-2001 Hotels

Post by Bob Kapl » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 01:08:39

> Assuming that about 5000 people will attend CETS this year we reserved about
> 3000 hotel rooms. This is normal ratio because of locals and people who make
> their own hotel reservations. For some reason, yet unknown to us, the hotels
> are going at a fast rate. The very low cost hotel rooms are about gone. At
> the current pace the reserved rooms will be gone by the end of July. Of
> course there will be rooms available at that point, there are plenty of
> rooms in Anaheim. However, the additional rooms will not be available at the
> convention rate. If you are super sensitive to the hotel costs I would
> suggest you register early.

> There were some cases of the advertised hotel rates and rates not matching
> during the registration process.  That is being fixed and registrations that
> were processed are being reviewed...

Taking your advice, I had our travel folks call the hotel of my choice. THey
said that we had to go through Maritz, the folks who screwed up all my stuff
last year. I called Maritz, and they said I had to do it myself online. I
tried to do it online, going to the "Review/Change My Hotel Reservations"
button. I get the following error message:

"Error Encountered

An unexpected error occured on page "receipt"
The name of the exception is java.lang.NullPointerException

An error occurred while attempting to process your request.

You may wish to use the back button and
try the action again or return to the login page. "

So my travel department can't book me a room, Hilton won't book me a room,
Maritz won't book me a room, and the online registration is broken. I guess
my last option is to sleep in the street with the Disneyland panhandlers.

Looks like the CETS-2001 process learned NOTHING from CETS-2000. Or maybe
went backwards.

Symposium: CETS-2001 Hotels

Post by Jeff Killee » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 02:54:14

Bob please call Maritz again and ask them to book your room.  I suspect you
have JAVA script and cookies disabled - it won't work without those enabled.
Please Email for my phone number before you call.  If you get the same
response please take the name of the Martiz person and call me right away.
I will get this resolved.

> > Assuming that about 5000 people will attend CETS this year we reserved
about
> > 3000 hotel rooms. This is normal ratio because of locals and people who
make
> > their own hotel reservations. For some reason, yet unknown to us, the
hotels
> > are going at a fast rate. The very low cost hotel rooms are about gone.
At
> > the current pace the reserved rooms will be gone by the end of July. Of
> > course there will be rooms available at that point, there are plenty of
> > rooms in Anaheim. However, the additional rooms will not be available at
the
> > convention rate. If you are super sensitive to the hotel costs I would
> > suggest you register early.

> > There were some cases of the advertised hotel rates and rates not
matching
> > during the registration process.  That is being fixed and registrations
that
> > were processed are being reviewed...

> Taking your advice, I had our travel folks call the hotel of my choice.
THey
> said that we had to go through Maritz, the folks who screwed up all my
stuff
> last year. I called Maritz, and they said I had to do it myself online. I
> tried to do it online, going to the "Review/Change My Hotel Reservations"
> button. I get the following error message:

> "Error Encountered

> An unexpected error occured on page "receipt"
> The name of the exception is java.lang.NullPointerException

> An error occurred while attempting to process your request.

> You may wish to use the back button and
> try the action again or return to the login page. "

> So my travel department can't book me a room, Hilton won't book me a room,
> Maritz won't book me a room, and the online registration is broken. I
guess
> my last option is to sleep in the street with the Disneyland panhandlers.

> Looks like the CETS-2001 process learned NOTHING from CETS-2000. Or maybe
> went backwards.

Symposium: CETS-2001 Hotels

Post by Bob Kapl » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 04:24:14

> Bob please call Maritz again and ask them to book your room.  I suspect you
> have JAVA script and cookies disabled - it won't work without those enabled.

I usually do, but tried enabling both for this. I jsut tried it again, after
verifying that both were enabled, and now I'm getting the error when
clicking on "Return Visit Services". I can't even get as far as I did this
morning.

Quote:> Please Email for my phone number before you call.  If you get the same
> response please take the name of the Martiz person and call me right away.
> I will get this resolved.

This morning, I talked to "April".