Measuring performance of Embedded Software.

Measuring performance of Embedded Software.

Post by akoso » Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:17:36

Hi all,
  We were trying to measure the performance of our real time software which is a
PSOS based system.  We basically want to measure the performance of our device
drivers, DLC software and the kernel.  Can you please give us  guidelines on
how to go about it.  Any methods,samples,software,links etc...
with regards,
Ashok Chandran.

Post by Wolfgang Den » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 07:16:28

>  We were trying to measure the performance of our real time software which is a
>PSOS based system.  We basically want to measure the performance of our device
>drivers, DLC software and the kernel.  Can you please give us  guidelines on
>how to go about it.  Any methods,samples,software,links etc...

Please define "performance".

Is it MIPS, MFLOP or SPECint? Is it milliseconds to  run  a  specific
task?  It  it microseconds from an external event happening until you
see the response  signal  on  a  output  port?  Or  until  you  start
executing your interrupt handler?

Performance can mean so many things - what do you want to  know?  But
to  give  you  some  number to compare against: the performance of my
system is 42.

Wolfgang Denk

--
Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88   Web: www.denx.de

1. How can I measure network performance, figure out collision domains, etc?

Hi there!

I've got the problem that connections between our db-server and our web
server are sometimes really slow, and at time as fast as normal.
Additionally, our nfs-server hangs sometimes.

I'm getting the seeping feeling that we've got networking problems here,
and would like to figure out if we've got too many collisions, etc.
What kind of programs can I use for that? I've looked into ethereal, but it
just works above layer 2.

Christian Capito

2. Request Subscription

3. How to measure HD performance?

4. ELSA 56k Fun serial modem - no profile ability?

5. Performance Measure, Linux versus windows

6. mode_rewrite for subdomains

7. Shared libraries: how to measure performance?

8. what's crypt? problem with *.ec

9. HELP: how to measure hard disk access performance on Linux?

10. xperf: Measuring Graphics Performance

11. How to measure kernel performance?

12. kernel file lock affecting performance -- how to measure?

13. measuring network Performance.