RDP Client?

Post by Jaco van Stad » Sun, 08 Oct 2000 19:31:32

I am also looking for a Linux or Jave RDP client. Many thin clients are
Linux based and do use a client like this. However, I cannot find a
Linux client to Purchase. Hobsoft sells a Java client, but it is too
expensive though.

Have you managed to find out more?

If there is not a free (or relative cheap) client available, then I
think it is a good idea to get one from the thin clients or crack the
Java code and distribute it for free.

Quote:

--
AJ van Staden
* Seal Business and Industrial Information systems

--
Posted from [196.25.125.157]
via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.veryComputer.com/

RDP Client?

Post by Daniel War » Sun, 29 Oct 2000 01:33:17

Perhaps I can be of some help...  I am currently searching for that client
myself too...  but here's what I have found so far...

Back in 1998, a german based company by the name of IGEL, posted on Slashdot
(http://slashdot.org/articles/98/10/29/1650249.shtml ), an offer that stated
that any individual who creates an X based RDP emulator, will get a reward
of 30,000 Deutsch Marks.  They also apparently blotched on the part of the
artical that says it will be released as GPL software, which I concluded
after reading this thread and the linux journal review:

http://noframes.linuxjournal.com/lj-issues/issue73/3463.html

So there is an xRDP product out.   There is also a product called rdesktop,
http://www.rdesktop.org, but it looks to me like it is still in its infancy.

Anyways - that's all I can offer from now - please let me know if there has
been anything new since this thread.

Quote:> I am also looking for a Linux or Jave RDP client. Many thin clients are
> Linux based and do use a client like this. However, I cannot find a
> Linux client to Purchase. Hobsoft sells a Java client, but it is too
> expensive though.
> Have you managed to find out more?
> If there is not a free (or relative cheap) client available, then I
> think it is a good idea to get one from the thin clients or crack the
> Java code and distribute it for free.

--
Posted from [24.70.190.248] by way of oe46.law6.hotmail.com [216.32.240.173]

1. RDP Client for Linux ?

Hi there,

I am looking for a RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) Client for
Linux/Solaris.
Though I was able to find a java based one
(http://www.hob.de/www_us/produkte/connect/jwt.htm),
I did not find anything else ...

Unfortunately, we have to have the ability to access one (!!) Win32
application and do not want to give our money to CITRIX, who are selling
their ICA protocol - that gets quite expensive, if you are handling more
than 60 users ... :-(

Thanx for your help !

Cheers,

///Michael Pabst

2. Compiling a Kernel...

3. RDP Client (newbie)

4. modem login

5. RDP Client for Linux?

6. SCO compatibility?

7. RDP/Terminal Server client.

8. Simple question

9. Does an RDP Server exist for Linux ?

10. unable to connect to T.S. outside subnet via RDP

11. RDP and BBNNET 4.3BSD

12. RDP or ICA server / protocol?

13. RDP