ColdFire MCF548x and CodeWarrior

Post by Pete Bre » Fri, 03 Sep 2004 16:49:04

My main question is:
To support the new ColdFire parts with full support for MMU, is MetroWerks the
only game in town?

I'd also be interested to hear from anyone who has used MetroWerks CodeWarrior.
I have been developing embedded systems for the best part of a decade using a
very dated version of vxWorks and the Tornado IDE. It is time now once again to
move on to a wholly new platform and I want to compare the merits of vxWorks and
Linux. This should include a comparison of development environments.

TIA,

Pete

ColdFire MCF548x and CodeWarrior

Post by Michael Schnel » Fri, 03 Sep 2004 20:01:47

Sysgo claim to be the best offer re moving VxWorks -> Linux.

-Michael

Post by Pete Bre » Sat, 04 Sep 2004 01:02:06

>Sysgo claim to be the best offer re moving VxWorks -> Linux.

Thanks for that... but in this case, I am switching hardware architecture and
redesigning the software from the ground up. So my main concern is with best
support for the ColdFire MCF584x (including MMU support) rather than porting
existing code.

Pete

ColdFire MCF548x and CodeWarrior

Post by Ral » Thu, 09 Sep 2004 05:23:41

Hello,
Sysgo will support the new phyCORE-MCF548x from Phytec. Of course the
MMU will be supported too. You can find more infos following this
link:
http://www.phytec.de/products/PCM-024.html

kind regards
Ralf