How to begin with Linux on SH?

Post by Daniel Han'czewsk » Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:11:19

Dear all,

Although I have good experience in hardware and C programming I feel a
little confused with running embedded Linux on my systems. I have built
my own system based on SH7727 from Renesas and I'd like it to work with
Linux. This is my "first time" so please have understanding for me. The
questions are:

1.Is there out a good cookbook on how to implement embedded linux on SH
processors? I really do need any kind of information. All I have is a
similar project description from Atmel (including schematics,
toolchains, binaries etc) but it is based on Atmel's ARM.
2.My SH7727 is equipped with LCD controller. If I succesfully boot linux
on it what is the way to make use of the LCD controller? Do I need a
kind of driver? Where should I look for examples of source code?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Daniel

How to begin with Linux on SH?

Post by Walter Harm » Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:02:02

>Dear all,
>Although I have good experience in hardware and C programming I feel a
>little confused with running embedded Linux on my systems. I have built
>my own system based on SH7727 from Renesas and I'd like it to work with
>Linux. This is my "first time" so please have understanding for me. The
>questions are:
>1.Is there out a good cookbook on how to implement embedded linux on SH
>processors? I really do need any kind of information. All I have is a
>similar project description from Atmel (including schematics,
>toolchains, binaries etc) but it is based on Atmel's ARM.
>2.My SH7727 is equipped with LCD controller. If I succesfully boot linux
>on it what is the way to make use of the LCD controller? Do I need a
>kind of driver? Where should I look for examples of source code?
>Thank you in advance for any help.
>Daniel

there is linux-sh mailing list.
The lcd is the last problem you have since any serial port/network connection
may help you out.
The first think is to get handy with you crosscompile environment. check autoconf
because you can automaticly prepare your system for sh and other systems you may
use now or later.
then start worring about a lcd driver.

hope thats helps
walter
--

1. Execute a sh script under perl and sh: sh script; perl script?

I can execute the following perl scripts under either shell or Perl
====

        if 0;
[perl scripts ...]
====
i.e.
sh script
perl script

How do I execute a sh script under either shell or Perl
simililar to what shown above?

Thanks.
--
Michael Wang

http://www.mindspring.com/~mwang

2. csh alias command

3. Beginning with Linux (using Linux with a K6)

4. IDE RAID on linux

5. root's shell, /sbin/sh, /bin/sh and /usr/ksh

6. file io, what's realling going on?

7. #!/bin/sh #!/usr/bin/sh can I do both for 2 diff machines

8. Java Support in Netscape 4.04 Prof/Linux 2.0

9. ASCII 128-255 in sh script: sh strips bit 7!!!

10. sh var -> awk var -> sh var

11. sh Xinstall.sh -check error

12. Any difference between /sbin/sh and /bin/sh?

13. Making a cd with makecdfs.sh burncd.sh