cron alternative sought

Post by Charlie Mart » Fri, 28 Dec 2001 10:13:24

Any suggestions on altenatives which
would provide cron-like scheduling in
an embedded system? I find that the
existing cron environments such as
vixie-cron and fcron are expecting
a mail environment to be available.
(It does appear that you can tell
Vixie-cron not to use mail). The
Redhat 7.1 SRPM for vixie-cron includes
19 patch files, and I see comments
that vixie-cron is not supported
much anymore.

Thanks,
Charlie

cron alternative sought

Post by Emanuele Ain » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 03:05:39

Charlie Martin cerc:

Quote:> Any suggestions on altenatives which
> would provide cron-like scheduling in
> an embedded system?

Have you looked at
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/system/daemons/cron/ ?

--
Au revoir.
Lele...

1. Seeking alternative to Linux passwds

I've got a Linux box that is connected to a Novell server-based
ethernet, and I have a password problem.  Our Novell file server
is set up to force users to change passwords every 30 days.  On
the Linux box, each user has yet another password, which they
*also* have to change (30 days is company CIS policy).  This is
an annoyance, at best.

I know that you can set up a secondary user authentication program
to be used by linux during login, in lieu of the normal linux
password.. ('usermod -A method login').  What I'd like to do is
set up a program that would let the Novell file-server authenticate
the user/password.  That way, users would only have one password
to change.

Does anyone know of such a utility?  Are there any bit security
pitfalls I should look out for in trying to implement this?

Cham

Chris (Cham) Hamilton
BDM Engineering Services Co

2. Which products are best?

3. NON-U.S.GROUPS SEEK ALTERNATIVE TO MICROSOFT

4. Question on Unix Programing Courses

5. Seeking alternative to /bin/csh

6. How to open x-window with term118 ?

7. have cron alternative, need advice

8. Okay... let's tally up.

9. alternative to cron?

10. cron daemon alternatives

11. cron.deny and cron.allow files for CRON management

12. seek cron job to move mail