serial question

Post by myfire545 » Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:27:53

hello,
  I read data from serial IO, sometimes the application process is hanged,
until it is interrupted. And the strace log is:

alarm(15)                       = 0
read(3, 0xbfffdce0,1)           = ? ERSTARTSYS (To be restarted)

Why is it?
Thanks for your help!

1. Serial question question

Hi i'm having trouble finding out how to make a connection from a linux
machine
to an OpenBSD machine by serial.
In Linux we place a line in the /etc/inittab like

    s1:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 9600 ttyS0 vt100

But where/how do i do this in OpenBSD ? Just to have some redundancy if the
network doesn't come up for whatever reason.

Thanks

Bas

2. LINUX GOOD ???

3. More Serial Questions

4. Pictures

5. Simple Serial Question

6. Welcome to comp.unix.questions [Frequent posting]

7. dumb serial question

8. Temporarily unable to perform DNS queries

9. Simple Serial question

10. Dumb USB Serial Question

11. termios/serial questions

12. Problem with Adaptec SCSI, and HUB-6 serial Question

13. 4port serial question...