SH4 card for linux-SH or QNX or Montavista Linux??

SH4 card for linux-SH or QNX or Montavista Linux??

Post by GERARD Brun » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:04:34

I'm looking for a card based on SH4 200mhz (package QFP) which is or may
be supported by linux-sh or qnx or montavista linux...
I need:
50 or 100 Mhz bus
3 Mo of flash
16Mo of SDRAM
1 I2C port
2 RS232 ports

Ethernet controller (in option)
keyboard controller (in option)
VGA controller ( luxury option)
keyboard controller (luxury option)

I would also like a monitor program which can perform single step
execution, break point setup, and data transmission with host.
If someone know how this last point really works, please explain!!!!

If you have shematics of a card that can be build on my own, i'm
interested too...

Of course i know the dreamcast... but i'm afraid i couldn't flash my
program on it... Unless you have an idea...

Thank you

Bruno

Post by Robert Schwebe » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:26:17

> I'm looking for a card based on SH4 200mhz (package QFP) which is or may
> be supported by linux-sh or qnx or montavista linux...

Do you know the Hitex PC/104 board?

Robert
 | Dipl.-Ing. Robert Schwebel | http://www.pengutronix.de |
 | Pengutronix - Linux Solutions for Science and Industry |
 |   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany   |
 |    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4    |

SH4 card for linux-SH or QNX or Montavista Linux??

Post by Lo » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 05:52:43

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 23:04:34 GMT, GERARD Bruno

>I'm looking for a card based on SH4 200mhz (package QFP) which is or may
>be supported by linux-sh or qnx or montavista linux...
SNIP>
>Bruno

Hi Bruno,
Take a look at the Hitachi EBX7750 on:
http://www.hmse.com/products/ebx/ebx7750.htm

Cheers,
        Lou

1. free embedded Linux for ppc405/ppc750/sh4/x86?

I'm looking for a freely redistributable embedded Linux distribution
based on recent 2.4 kernels and gcc3 that supports
cross-compiling to target ppc405, ppc750, sh4, and x86.
My applications have to run on all those processor types,
so I'd like the distribution to make it easy to build
for all four processor types in the same build environment.
I just ran down the list at
and didn't find any that fit that description.

If you know of a distribution like this, please let me know,
or maybe I'll have to create one :-(

I had been using Montavista's Hard Hat Linux Journeyman Edition,
but over time I've replaced so much of it that I'm hardly using
it anymore.  In fact, it's kind of tempting to purge the last bit
of Hard Hat from my setup, and just roll everything myself from scratch,
especially now that Montavista is moving away from making their
distribution freely redistributable.  (I can't blame them, by
the way; it's hard to make a buck in their business.  I have
nothing but gratitude for those folks; they have done and are
doing wonderful things for embedded Linux in general.)
- Dan

2. Help needed...

3. QNX and LILO [I can't boot QNX]

4. What is filename.mdb?

5. Linux on Hitachi Aspen reference board (SH4 SH7750)

6. How to access filesystem created by Solstice DIsksuite when boot cdrom -S

7. Linux on SuperH (SH4) platform

8. Redhat 4.2 & MRTG setup

9. Porting montavista hardhat linux 2.1 to motorola sandpoint MPC755

10. MontaVista-Linux

11. Porting montavista hardhat linux 2.1 on motorola sandpoint MPC755

12. MontaVista aims Linux at consumer electronics

13. tcpdump for MontaVista hardhat Linux