seeking midori distro

Post by Michael Grigo » Tue, 07 Sep 2004 05:17:21

Greetings:

'midori.transmeta.com' has vanished; 'midori' cvs on 'sourceforge' is
incomplete.

I would very much appreciate locating the distro(s) as published by
Transmeta (tarballs, ISO images, etc.). X86-devel versions and
docs most needed.

Regards,

Michael Grigoni
*theque Museum

seeking midori distro

Please have a look at www.armtwister.com
At this site, there is the newest CVS for Midori, but no documentation.
The "new" version of midori is from 2003. In my opinion, this project is
dead.
I would disadvise you to use Midori for a project. I do it and it's very
difficult. A lot of modules in this distro are not testet.
And it's difficult to find documentation.
If you want to use it and if you need some documentation, I can send you
some.

documentation I have here.
It's not much but for beginning ok.
The rest you have to try when you're working with Midori.

Greetings,

Dennis

seeking midori distro

Post by Dennis Heue » Mon, 20 Sep 2004 05:56:34

Michael Grigoni schrieb:

Quote:> Greetings:

> 'midori.transmeta.com' has vanished; 'midori' cvs on 'sourceforge' is
> incomplete.

> I would very much appreciate locating the distro(s) as published by
> Transmeta (tarballs, ISO images, etc.). X86-devel versions and
> docs most needed.

> Regards,

> Michael Grigoni
> *theque Museum

Here some other links:

1) Directory of all Midori-Versions and Mirrors of the not longer
    avaible Transmeta-Midori-Webpage
        http://www.veryComputer.com/

2) Armtwister-Hompage
        http://www.veryComputer.com/

3) CVS of the Midori-Project (age > 15 months)
        http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. seeking small, solid, server distro

With so many distributions these days, I'm wondering if someone can
help point me toward one that meets my needs.  I want a small, solid
distro for use in miscellaneous network server roles.  It should have
the following features:

 - installs journaled filesystems over LVM by default.
 - installation CD which doubles as a rescue CD with LVM tools.
 - system imaging/replication and/or automated installation tools.
 - command line administration tools only.
 - GUI administration tools are acceptable only if they log everything
that they do so that you can audit them and learn how to do things
from the command line.
 - man pages for everything, including all config files.
 - X libraries, but no X server necessary.
 - no unstable software included, no KDE, no GNOME.
 - redhat or debian compatible so that it is easy to add additional
software.

Any recommendations?

2. RH 8.0/XP Pro Dual-Boot Setup on Toshiba Tecra 9100?

3. FWD- Red Hat is indeed the Bugs Hat and the suckest distro amongst the Linux distros.

4. 'showfdmn' freezing

5. Distro or not to Distro..... that is the ????

6. solaris management console question

7. Slackware distro secure? (was Redhat distro secure?)

8. Loging out users and killing jobs OS5

9. Midori still up?

10. testing midori linux

11. boot midori error !!

12. Midori Distribution - some questions

13. midori linux