RTAI linux drivers

Post by Martin Hanse » Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:58:42

Hi all

I am considering using RTAI linux for some motor control development.
My system will basicaly need to do a calculation every 100uS (0.1ms) and
send the result back using the serial line. I can get a serial port that
will run 1.5 Mbit.
The system will run basic PC hardware.

 But I cannot figure out if this serial board will be supported in RTAI?

I have not used RTAI before, but as i read the function of RTAI it will need
its own driver for the serial port. As it cannopt use drivers from the
Normal Linux kernel. (the serial communication must be in hard realtime
too)

I have looked at LabRob's project with RTAI
http://www.ladispe.polito.it/robotica/Activities/RT/ It looks interesting.

--
Regards

Martin Hansen

RTAI linux drivers

Post by Jonathan Bettencour » Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:28:06

> Hi all
> I am considering using RTAI linux for some motor control development.
> My system will basicaly need to do a calculation every 100uS (0.1ms) and
> send the result back using the serial line. I can get a serial port that
> will run 1.5 Mbit.
> The system will run basic PC hardware.
>  But I cannot figure out if this serial board will be supported in RTAI?
> I have not used RTAI before, but as i read the function of RTAI it will need
> its own driver for the serial port. As it cannopt use drivers from the
> Normal Linux kernel. (the serial communication must be in hard realtime
> too)

RTAI comes with a realtime serial port driver, see rtai-addons/serial in both kilauea and vesuvio.
Quote:> I have looked at LabRob's project with RTAI
> http://www.ladispe.polito.it/robotica/Activities/RT/ It looks interesting.
> --
> Regards
> Martin Hansen

1. RTAI & LINUX: insmod rtai.o error

Hi All,

I've run into a problem while trying to insmod rtai.o in linux. This
is my configuration:

Redhat Linux 7.3
kernel: 2.4.22-adeos
x86

I've compiled the kernel and reboot fine. However, when i try to
insmod rtai.o, i get the following unresolved symbol:
"/lib/modules/2.4.22-adeos/rtai/rtai.o: unresolved symbol
__adeos_unstall_root"

Does this mean the the kernel was not properly compiled?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions/insights as to how to
resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Toan

2. Crontab and weekday bug

3. PCI Card+ RTAI driver

4. Trident 9440Agi on XFree86

5. rtai rt_com driver for MPC850

6. long modem init string

7. OpenGL on an embedded Linux RTAI system

8. SURVEY: Graphics card benchmarks under XFree86 (12 Sep 95)

9. does anybody use RTAI 1.7 for realtime linux?

10. RTAI 24.1.7 and linux 2.4.14 install problems

11. pc/104 dual rs422 serial interface supporting linux (rtai)

12. need help for installing RTAI on Mandrake linux

13. Linux RTAI