Control USB port power on USB hub

Post by Harold C » Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:50:46

Hi all,

Do anyone know how to turn on and off the power to a USB hub.  I
understand that the USB 1.1 standard has this feature
SET_FEATURE/PORT_ENABLE and your USB hardware has the switches.

We would like to power cycle hardware connected via USB.

Thanks.

Control USB port power on USB hub

Post by Harold C » Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:01:08

I had a look at the code in hub.c and couldn't find any part that
controlled the power.

I've found that if you call:

usb_clear_port_feature(hub->dev, port_num, USB_PORT_FEAT_POWER);

you can turn the power off.  It looks like can hack a proc fs
interface to this.

1. connecting two machine using usb port and usb hub

Hallo
I would like to connect two old computer together.
I tried by using the serial line but I got a bottleneck due to the
serial line itself.

I discovered that both compter have usb and no ethernet.
Is it possible to use the usb ports and a "usb hub" to connect them
together ?

What are the differencies between usb and usb 2.0 ?

(I use Linux)

Thanks for the help.

--
Luciano Ribichini

2. Problems compiling glibc-2.0.6............

3. periodic USB errors "hub.c: USB disconnect..."

4. How to check tcp/ip links

5. usb / hub / usb-storage problem with 2.4.2

6. Problems installing MkLinux pre-DR3

7. Accessing ports on a IBM Multi port USB hub

8. Superblock in Win98 partition

9. lots of clicks and noise when USB headset behind USB hub (only in Linux).

10. Accessing ports on a IBM Multi port USB hub

11. USB, T-Online, Eumex 504PC USB [Was: Re: suse6.4 - usb]

12. Support on Belkin 7-port USB HUB (F5U027)?

13. USB multi-port hubs