1. OpenSSH/Linux interoperability with F-Secure/Solaris SFTP/SCP?
I've got a Linux system (okay, more than one ;) with openssh 2.1.0p2
which (aside from not including sftp, yes, I know, use scp :) works
just fine. I also use a Solaris 7/Sparc system with F-Secure's
I can ssh (both directions) between the Linux boxen and the Sparc
(and I might note openssh 2.1.0 appears to be a bit faster than the
old setup I had with ssh2 overlayed on ssh from the replay crypto
I can't, though, move files between the Sparc and the Linux boxen. This
puzzles me, since when I was installing openssh, I put it on one box
and was able to sftp into that box from the other Linux box (using
the old ssh/ssh2 setup) just fine, and I can rcp back and forth
between the Linux boxen (though openssh lacks sftp as I noted).
When I attempt to sftp from the Sparc to one of the Linux boxen, the
results look like this:
local path : /home/djb
remote path : Error: Operation timed out after 30 seconds.
remote server failed.
When I attempt to scp from a Linux box to the Sparc, it looks like this:
warning: select: Bad file descriptor
When I attempt to scp from the Sparc to a Linux box, it prompts me for
my password, then goes off into la-la land. ;)
All the boxes involved are pretty much locked down; telnet and FTP
daemons aren't even running, just the ssh daemons.
Has anyone else tried to get OpenSSH and F-Secure SSH to interoperate
at the more file-oriented end of things? Any more success than I've
Dan Birchall - Palolo Valley, Honolulu HI - http://dan.scream.org
Get paid for your opinions - http://epinions.scream.org/join.html
My address expires - take out the hex stamp if your reply bounces
2. Linux & 95 with TWO hard drives...
3. Solaris and Linux interoperability
5. Any plans for Linux <=> NT file interoperability?
6. trouble with tripwire
7. nfs/nis interoperability Freebsd-linux?
8. Chroot on Linux 1.2.13
9. NIS server interoperability with Linux
10. rmcd Linux-Win2K interoperability--How does this work?
11. Linux - Novell Netware interoperability
12. Linux <-> Windows RSH interoperability problem
13. Sun Solaris and PC Linux media interoperability?