Barcode scanners and GPRS.

Post by Skul » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 01:51:10

Hi all.
Sorry for being annoying, but I'm searching something since last week,
and I can't find anything out, so I'm going to stop lurking and drop the
question here...

I'm searching out for a handheld with the three requirements:
- it must be able to connect via GPRS
- it must own a barcode scanner
- it must run (or be able to run) linux (obviously with support for the
above)

Well, i'm not able to find out anything like this, so i'd like to get
some feedback from anyone here who could know about something similar
(via e-mail too, if it is preferred...)

Thanks

PS: sorry for i'm not native english...

--
Emanuele Balla   aka Skull
"And 1.1.81 is officially BugFree(tm), so if you receive any bug-reports

Barcode scanners and GPRS.

Post by Kyler Lair » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 06:09:11

>I'm searching out for a handheld with the three requirements:
>- it must be able to connect via GPRS
>- it must own a barcode scanner
>- it must run (or be able to run) linux (obviously with support for the
>above)

        Zaurus SL-5600
        + Bluetooth card (I use a Pretec.)
        + GPRS/Bluetooth phone (I use a T68i.)
        + Bluetooth barcode scanner (http://www.baracoda.com/market/anglais/market_pencil_A.html)

Am I close?

--kyler

Barcode scanners and GPRS.

Post by Skul » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:14:25

Sgranocchiando il cranio di Kyler Laird, vi trovai inciso:

Quote:>    Zaurus SL-5600
>    + Bluetooth card (I use a Pretec.)
>    + GPRS/Bluetooth phone (I use a T68i.) + Bluetooth barcode scanner
>    (http://www.baracoda.com/market/anglais/market_pencil_A.html)

Enough ;-)
I did'n know about that bluetooth barcode scanner, and that's great...

I think I'll be searching for something with bluetooth and/or GPRS
onboard, but this will be my business...

Proved to be useful, thanks :-)

Bye
--
Emanuele Balla   aka Skull
"And 1.1.81 is officially BugFree(tm), so if you receive any bug-reports
on it, you know they are just evil lies." (By Linus Torvalds)

1. barcode scanners, please reaply!

Hi
I'm currently writung a cash register program based on MySQL and
a remote interface. My customer insists on entering his merchandise
with a barcode scanner.
Does anyone have a idea if barcode-scanner software exists for Linux.
Or could you point me to a technical description of the things, I'm
quite willing to write my own (GPL) driver.
Thanx for you time!

and have a nice day     ...Samy
--
731ca999c9095def212b18e1699c7d73

2. What Driver for No-name PCI card?

3. 2d barcode reader/scanner for linux

4. msgget() failed: Function not implemented in BlueCat

5. handheld barcode scanners software for linux

6. M68k IRQ API updates [10/20]

7. Cash register touch screens and barcode scanners?

8. slackware setup hanging

9. Free bar-code scanner for Linux and non-GPL modules are now "tainted" !

10. Pinout: Serial RJ45 for Barcode Scanners

11. Barcode scanners?

12. Wrong keycodes with X and a barcode scanner

13. Matrox Mystique ands X.