running from a mounted partition on embedded linux

running from a mounted partition on embedded linux

Post by joh » Thu, 04 Nov 2004 02:17:49

Hello,

 I am a little newbie to embedded systems.
I got from a company we work with a MIPS based board which runs Linux OS on it.

I am developing an app for that board on a Fedora Desktop ;

There is no way to put the app I develop by ftp on that board.

so for the debugging cycle I use nfs mount, and tha app resides
on a folder which is nfs mounted.

My question is :
is the performance significantly lower when running thus ?

regards,
John

1. linux partition ran out of space, can I add FAT32 partition space to / ?

hi,
my linux partition recently ran out of space, i am wondering if i could make
on of my fat32 partition to be use as /, or /usr??
one other question, I have win98 and linux on my system, is there possibility
that linux would kill my extended FAT32 parition??  cuz when i got home, my
brother shutdown my linux and went into win98, then when i went back to linux,
my extend fat32 partition is gone.......all my back up!!
If this question has already been asked, can u just point me to the
information?  thank you

Kuma

my HD(17 gb) info as follow:
hda1  <-- FAT32 Primary partition (4gb)
hda2  <-- ex2 linux partition (1.1 gb)
hda3 <-- linux swap
hda4 <--FAT32 extend partition

    > hda5   these two are partition got lost.........which i dont even know
    > hda6    how......

2. Trident Problems

3. Mount NTFS partition on a system running Solaris 7

4. WinBond PCI network adaptor

5. EXT2 corruption -- After running 2.5.46, my root partition cannot be mounted by older kernels

6. XL-221 scsi board?

7. Small, lightweight embedded HW to run Linux

8. How-to-Connect to BT Internet with Linux Guide

9. Best case, MB for (embedded) mini-PC running Linux?

10. What embedded controller can I use to run Linux?

11. SMALL, embedded board capable of running Linux and/or QNX

12. can't run kermit in the embedded linux

13. Home made Small(est) open HW (schematics) to run (Embedded)Linux