HELP!! Cross compiler/linker problem

Post by Konstantin Porotchki » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 01:30:21

Hi,
I just built the tool chain for cross-compilation for powerpc target on my
linux host.
The tools are working, I already compiled linux kernel and bootloader
(ppcboot) and
they are running on my target board.
Now I want to configure my environment for writing applications targeted the
powerpc.
All my binaries are in /usr/local/bin/ and the rest (libs, includes, etc.)
in /usr/local/powerpc-linux/
I wrote a "Hellow word" application an tried to compile it with
powerpc-linux-gcc:

    user=>powerpc-linux-gcc test.c -o test

The error I got was:

    /lib/libc.so.6 could not read symbols: Invalid operation
    collect2: Id returned 1 exit status

I tried to run the following (with the same result):

    user=>powerpc-linux-gcc -L/usr/local/powerpc-linux/lib test.c -o test

What I am doing wrong?
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Kosta Porotchkin

1. HELP!! Cross compiler/linker problem

[...]

2. msgsnd seems to be corrupting memory.

3. cross compiler/linker

4. Diald dialing out too much

5. Help Rev 5 Compiler/Linker Problems

6. Help! "don't know how to make device" error

7. Compiler or linker problem?

8. File Permissions Question

9. Sun Compiler 4.2 Linker problem

10. Compiler/linker problems