experience with that MIPS machine: FRED

Post by Ernst Murnleitne » Wed, 27 Oct 2004 05:33:38

Hello,

at http://www.kws-computer.de/pdf/datfred.pdf I have found a small
computer (8 inch touch screen) which would be interesting for me:

It has a MIPS CPU (AMD Au 1100 at 500 MHz), ethernet and USB (and 3
serial interfaces by using an extra pcb), 64 to 128 MB memory.

It costs less than 1000 EUR and will be available with smaller displays
soon.

Has anybody experiences with this machine?

Greetings

Ernst Murnleitner

1. printer fred faulted ; server fred not responding

Hi:

We have a networked QMS printer. A solaris 2.5.1 machine prints
to it just fine. Its name is fred. fred is in Solaris Machine's
host table. All I had to do to set it up is to define a network
printer via admintool (printer : fred server: fred).

We have new Solaris 8 machine. It tried to do the same, but I get
the following message when I do lpstat -t.

printer fred faulted printing fred-0.
server  fred not responding.

I can ping and telnet fred from both Solaris Machines. Any ideas ?

Thanks

-MC

2. SAMBA

3. Q: Error building a cross compiler for mips-mips-linux

4. KDE and shutdown

5. solaris for MIPS or Silicon Graphics machines

6. Linux 2.2.2 doesn't boot

7. Spec int/fp, MIPS numbers for various machines

8. Sun Mainframe comparison

9. Help installing FreeBSD on a MIPS machine

10. how to handle a page fault in kernel mode for MIPS machine

11. Any Machine tool interface Experience out there?

12. Has anyone had experience with IBM intellistation pro machines?

13. Anybody any experience of using Linux on Research Machines kit (UK)?