Course: Using Linux in Embedded Systems

Post by Karim Yaghmou » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 04:58:17

Having written O'Reilly's "Building Embedded Linux Systems", I have
put together a course to teach students how to build embedded Linux
systems using only open source and free software packages.

Students taking this 5-days hands-on course will learn how to use
Linux in their embedded systems without having to purchase any
prepackaged distribution, pay any per-unit royalties, or rely on any
single vendor for their Linux needs.

Date and location: 7-11 July, Montreal, Canada

Subjects discussed include:
Building a GNU toolchain, customizing a Linux kernel, manipulating
solid-state storage devices, creating root filesystems, developing
real-time Linux applications.

For more information, including registration details, visit:
http://www.opersys.com/ulxembsys-course.html

Karim Yaghmour

--
Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits

Course: Using Linux in Embedded Systems

Post by B o d h » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 21:30:04

Quote:> Having written O'Reilly's "Building Embedded Linux Systems", I have

Great book !
I've just purchased it !
Unfortunately I live in Italy.... ;-)

Course: Using Linux in Embedded Systems

Post by Kevin D. Quit » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 04:10:03

Quote:>Building a GNU toolchain, customizing a Linux kernel, manipulating
>solid-state storage devices, creating root filesystems, developing
>real-time Linux applications.

I sure wish I'd know about this before I went to the Berkeley extension
class.  That was worse than a joke.  I know next to nothing about linux,
really, and I was the one figuring out why some of the demos didn't work
for the lecturer.

--
#include <standard.disclaimer>
 _

1. Course: Using Linux in Embedded Systems

Having written O'Reilly's "Building Embedded Linux Systems", I have
put together a course to teach students how to build embedded Linux
systems using only open source and free software packages.

Students taking this 5-days hands-on course will learn how to use
Linux in their embedded systems without having to purchase any
prepackaged distribution, pay any per-unit royalties, or rely on any
single vendor for their Linux needs.

Date and location: 7-11 July, Montreal, Canada

Subjects discussed include:
Building a GNU toolchain, customizing a Linux kernel, manipulating
solid-state storage devices, creating root filesystems, developing
real-time Linux applications.

For more information, including registration details, visit:
http://www.opersys.com/ulxembsys-course.html

Karim Yaghmour

--
Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits

# PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION.  #
# This group is archived at http://stump.algebra.com/~cola/              #

2. SMP questions

3. Operating systems course using linux?

4. XFree86 and Diamond Viper 550

5. Can linux be used as embedded system ?

6. can't open /dev/modem !

7. Best linux embedded development course

8. 402 & Corel/Debian - KDE startup

9. "Hands-On Embedded and Real-Time Linux" course by uc berkeley extension?

10. Using KHTML in a embedded system

11. SPAM: /training/etc/ Linux System Admin Courses FYI

12. AD: /training/etc/ Linux System Admin Courses FYI

13. Using Linux in an undergraduate OS course...