problem in setup cross-compiler in cygwin.

problem in setup cross-compiler in cygwin.

Post by gawai » Wed, 06 Aug 2003 16:01:42

hi,everyone!

I install cygwin from internet under win2000 professional.
And the download the binutils version 2.14.
first, i compile the binutils.
#./configure -target=arm-linux -prefix=/usr/arm_tools
#make
#make install
second,compile the kernel headers.
i use the linux-2.4.9.
tar linux-2.4.9 to /use/arm-linux
vim the Makefile
find the ARCH := ......
change it to ARCH=arm #, then save and quit vim.
then
#make menuconfig
rm -f include/asm-arm/arch include/asm-arm/proc
<cd include/asm-arm; ln -sf arch- arch; ln -sf proc- proc)
rm -f include/asm
< cd include ; ln -sf asm-arm asm)
make -C scripts/lxdialog all
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/arm-linux/linux/scripts/lxdialog'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/arm-linux/linux/scripts/lxdialog'
/bin/bash scripts/Menuconfig arch/arm/config.in
using defaults found in arch/arm/defconfig
preparing scripts: functions, parsing

But ,here it halted.

any illegal operation??

any help will be appreciated!
thanks

1. setup.ins error when installing OO in 5.0-REL

I just recently compiled OpenOffice 1.0.2 from ports (vs the package because I
want WITH_TTF_BYTECODE_ENABLED). The make worked fine, but when I do a make
install-user, I get the error about not being able to find setup.ins in
/usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0/program/. I searched for this error but all the
info I found was old, regarding manual patches (which probably don't work
anymore with current versions) and stuff about it appearing if you're using a
FreeBSD older than 4.6 and to upgrade.

Any idea why this message would be occuring with 5.0-REL?

2. Problems with CDROM

3. supraexpress modems (28.8) problems w/dial-ins

4. HP DeskJet 600C Printer Problems

5. Netscape plug-ins problem

6. Unix Command Differences BSD to System V?

7. Problems with dialing out when dial-ins are enabled

8. simple eval problem, but I am losing it!

9. Netscape 4.51 and plug-ins problem

10. Problems building a cross-compiler

11. problems building cross-compiler host/build in linux for target i686-pc-msdosdjgpp (long)

12. SCO cross-compiler, iBCS, curses -- problems!

13. cross-compiler problem