Looking for a linux handheld

Post by Keith A. Flic » Wed, 25 Aug 2004 05:00:51

I am looking for a linux handheld device with a color
display (320x240 or greater), 2 PCMCIA/PC Card
slots and at least one serial port , one USB port and
one 1394 (firewire) port.  Is there anything out there
like that?

Post by John William » Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:18:50

> I am looking for a linux handheld device with a color
> display (320x240 or greater), 2 PCMCIA/PC Card
> slots and at least one serial port , one USB port and
> one 1394 (firewire) port.  Is there anything out there
> like that?

An iPaq with dual CF or PCMCIA sleeve running Familiar Linux gets close
- no FireWire though.

Regards,

John

Post by Oliver Fel » Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:58:07

> I am looking for a linux handheld device with a color
> display (320x240 or greater), 2 PCMCIA/PC Card
> slots and at least one serial port , one USB port and
> one 1394 (firewire) port.  Is there anything out there
> like that?

Take a look at http://www.handhelds.org

This will answer all questions but leaves FireWire out, unfortunately- there
is none.

Oliver

1. MIPS VR4122 (in JVC MP-C33 Handheld PC) and Linux?

Hello,

is it theroretically possible to run a Linux system on this Handheld PC
(it's a MIPS VR4122 processor [180 Mhz] in a JVC MP-C33 Handheld PC).
At the moment I just want to find information about this, because I think
that it will not be possible to simply flash the system and the device is
not very old.

Thanks,

Thomas Klingbeil

2. TookTalk error: TT_ERR_NOMP

3. HandHeld PCs with Linux instead of Windows CE?

4. HPFS driver?

5. Real low cost handheld projects using linux ??

6. CDU33a problems

7. LINUX to Windows CE handhelds?

8. unexplained system halts

9. Can linux port to a handheld?

10. Inexpensive handheld that can run Linux (well)?

11. Sun Handheld uses Linux!

12. Linux on Handheld Computers

13. Handheld linux with sound?