PXE boot loader & Intel PRO/1000 (82546EB) ethernet controler

PXE boot loader & Intel PRO/1000 (82546EB) ethernet controler

Post by Vincen » Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:22:20

Hello,

I have an Intel based board (Pentium-M) that I would like to boot over a
network.
This board is PXE aware (Intel Boot Agent) but doesn't have any
mass-storage device.

The loading of "stage 2" (GRUB terminology) boot loader works fine as I
can retrieve "pxegrub" from my DHCP/TFTP server and then get the GRUB
prompt.

The problem is that I can't find a "stage 2" boot loader compatible with
82546EB Intel controller.

I've found a patch for GRUB but it doesn't seem to works.

Are you aware of a working patch for GRUB or an other boot loader that
works with 82546EB controler?

Regards

Vincent