Building gcc/glibc crosscompilers from scratch now eas(ier)

Building gcc/glibc crosscompilers from scratch now eas(ier)

Post by Dan Kege » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:01:21

I found it hard to build a gcc/glibc cross toolchain
from scratch for recent versions of gcc.
(Bill Gatliff's crossgcc script was a good guide, but hadn't
been updated for gcc-3.2.)
So I updated Bill's crossgcc script, and for good measure,
added support for all ten platforms glibc supports.
So if you need to build a cross-gcc and glibc for
any of the following architectures:
   i686, ppc, sh4, alpha, sparc, arm, mips, cris, ia64, or s390
my script should be helpful.  You can grab it at
   http://kegel.com/crosstool/
It does nothing you couldn't figure out yourself, but it
could save you some time.

Share & enjoy,
Dan

1. HELP - need to build gcc from scratch

Hi,

I goofed and wiped out gcc when I was upgrading from 2.5.8 to 2.7.2.

I now have no gcc (yah, another 4am nightmare).

I've done this before, but I forgot the many steps I had to take to get
gcc built from nothing (i.e. no compiler). I do have as86 (if that helps
tho).

What do I have to do to get gcc again?

pls reply via e-mail if possible..

--

---- http://www.whistler.net ----
Advanced Systems Group - Cyberstore Systems Inc.

2. finger and lastlog struct..

3. gcc 4.1.1 build under Intel Solaris 10 does not build gcc

4. SUN SPARCstation IPC Operating System

5. Building Apache on SunOS with gcc and glibc

6. change font in .Xdefault

7. Which gcc for building glibc 2.1

8. Compiling term on Solaris?

9. PPC crosscompiler building using cygwin

10. Has anyone managed to build a Sparc crosscompiler for linux

11. Using gcc as crosscompiler for SVR3.2: POSSIBLE ?

12. gcc crosscompiler for palm pilots

13. ?: cygnus win32-gcc crosscompiler