Looking for a driver: Exar 16L788 Octal UART (on the ISA bus)

Looking for a driver: Exar 16L788 Octal UART (on the ISA bus)

Post by Bill Feer » Sat, 09 Jun 2001 06:43:09

My custom motherboard has 3 Exar 16L788 Octal uarts, on the ISA bus not the
PCI, so no PlugandPlay. I'm looking for a driver that I can hack. Anyone
know of a driver? I am looking at the 5.05 version of serial.c from
ConnectTech, but it's not a great match.

I'm new at Linux drivers - since I have 3 chips at 3 I/O ranges and 3 IRQ's,
how does the driver do it's initialization? This is a proprietary board, so
I can make any changes I need to.

Thanks,
Bill

1. Look for a driver to manage mailbox shared mémory on ISA bus

Hello.
I'm french ingeneer and I'm working on industrial computers.
For an application, I use an embeded board in PC on ISA bus. This board is able
to manage a FIP net. The software on this board already exists and works under
OS/9 operating system. I don't want to modify it.
I choose to use linux as operating systm on PC.  So, I need a Linux driver to
manage mailbox on shared memory on ISA bus.
Could you help me? Could you say me where I can find a C source on the net of a
driver that approach my need or better, could you send me an example of this
kind of driver by mail. I'll arrange it for my personnal use. I'll give it
again under GPL.
Thanks for all.
Gilles.

2. Workaround for AMD762MPX "mouse" bug

3. Does Linux support >16 MB in Vl-bus or ISA bus now?

4. IP Aliasing...

5. Driver for PC ISA bus Memory Window?

6. PPP Not working :-(

7. PCI-to-ISA bus: AMCC S5933 driver.

8. Looking for IPv6 NAT traversal on Linux

9. Driver for a Daystar local talk board (isa bus on a pc)

10. linux driver for BiT3 ISA-VME bus translator?

11. x86 ISA bus device driver interrupts

12. driver for a Framegrabber in a ISA-bus under Linux

13. 3com Impact IQ with Lavaport-ISA 16650 UART serial