qt embedded - kde

Post by KouKo » Wed, 07 Mar 2001 21:00:59

Does anybody tried to compile kde source whith qt embedded lib's.
If you know anything about it please mail me.

qt embedded - kde

Post by Rolf Magnu » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 01:54:43

> Does anybody tried to compile kde source whith qt embedded lib's.
> If you know anything about it please mail me.

Most of kde won't compile because it needs X. But there is an embedded
version of konqueror. If you know how to use cvs (or look at
http://www.kde.org/anoncvs.html ), you can checkout the kdenox pagage (not
mentioned on the page).

1. KDE @ QT, complaints about QT not being freeware

        It appears (to me at least) that the main reason cited for not
supporting KDE is because it uses a proprietary widget set - Qt.  There is a
simple solution: make a source code compatible version of Qt, or binary
compatible if you have the ambition.

        Although I realize that what I'm proposing is hardly trivial, it
is quite viable.  So, what kind of stupid illogical conclusion have I made
that makes this entire concept utterly stupid?

        Certainly, if the makers of Qt try to screw the Linux community
over after it develops a dependence on it, we will react by doing just this,
it is after all why most freeware exists.

2. computers on network

3. 2.4.18 scsi tape wait for completion

4. KDE / QT apps : configure error with QT

5. How many bogomips w/AMD DX4-100

6. KDE 2.2.2 / Qt 3.0.1 / KDE 3.0 beta 1

7. LINUXWORLD, NYC, 2002

8. KDE 3 with KDE-2 apps ... QT-2

9. Embedded QT

10. X11 or QT/Embedded as GUI?