Linux Terminal TRM816 - Information for users

Linux Terminal TRM816 - Information for users

Post by Hans-J. Walte » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:06:40

For the TRM816 users in this newsgroup - here are some new information:

... Because of internal reasons we changed the delivering status of the
linux terminal TRM816 with embedded linux. We updated our documentation.

... For using SDL graphics inside the TRM816 we created a SDL patch. It is
available for our customers.

... Additionally we created two sample solution for the linux driven system:
A) a software for data collection with barcode called BDE.ELF, B) a linux
software for control your linux terminal via SMS textmessages with your
mobile phone. (Currently the documentation of these are available in German
only...)

... The RIO extension board with more interfaces (3x serial and other
features) is available. This solves the problem: TRM816 with LAN, 1x serial,
CAN, digital I/O contains not enough interfaces...

... All our customers will find the newest information directly on the
supportpage for the TRM816 - available from our product homepage
www.ssv-embedded.de/ssv/english (English Version) or www.ssv-embedded.de/ipc
(German Version)
Keyword: SUPPORT / NEWS TRM

Thanks for all the given hints which were the base for this update
information!

best regards

******************************
Hans-J. Walter
SSV Embedded Systems
Phn: +49 511 400 00 21
Fax: +49 511 400 00 40
ICQ: 24 000 26

www.ssv-embedded.de/ipc/
******************************

Post by Robert Schwebe » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 19:14:26

> For the TRM816 users in this newsgroup - here are some new information:

Thanks for the information - looks pretty interesting. It's nice to see
that the DNP family does more and more evolve to something which is used
in Real Live (TM).

Sidenote: as I found myself searching for the same software stuff over
and over I put together a small page with tips and tricks for the
DIL/Net-PCs, mostly for my own reference and our projects. However, in
case anybody finds it helpful it is on

  http://www.pengutronix.de/software/dnp_en.html

If somebody has stuff that he wants to see on the page please drop me a
note.

Robert
 | Dipl.-Ing. Robert Schwebel | http://www.pengutronix.de |
 | Pengutronix - Linux Solutions for Science and Industry |
 |   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany   |
 |    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4    |

1. For the SSV TRM816 users in this newsgroup...

One of our TRM/816 user just found a graphic tool to create small graphical
pictures at the SSV TRM/816 system.

It is helpful to use interesting graphic applications or symbols with the
TRM display in graphic mode (resolution 128x64 dots).

The tool is the SIMPLE DIRECT MEDIA LAYER - available at
http://www.libsdl.org/

It is is currently available under the GNU Lesser General Public License
(LGPL) version 2 or newer.

Hans-J. Walter
SSV Embedded Systems
Phn: +49 511 400 00 21
Fax: +49 511 400 00 40

www.ssv-embedded.de/ipc/

2. What do you think? I want to know!!!

3. Source of terminal information (was: Unique terminal on Ultra 2100)

4. Problem with Netscape.

5. Transfer of user information from Linux to Solaris

6. NAG F90 compiler

7. QT: Getting user data atom information from mov files on Linux box?

8. End of "Free" Solaris binary licence program - now it's free.

9. client Windows, Server DHCP Linux and option User Class Information (code 77) [HELP]

10. no terminal/ip address information displayed by "who am i"

11. Wanted: information of 3Com's CS200/210 terminal server

12. TVI955 emulation (and other terminal information)

13. HELP !! need X-terminal information