start program on SBC after booting?

start program on SBC after booting?

Post by Adib Tarabe » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 01:13:48



Hello,
I know this is not a smart question, but hope I can get a quick and
proofed answer.
I have an SBC running linux/RH7.3. Now I need to start my program after
boot-up. The program catches serial input and shows something on the
screen (svgalib).
I think I have to replace something in inittab.

Thanks for any input,

Adib.

 
 
 

start program on SBC after booting?

Post by nDia » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 02:08:57


You need to change the getty/agetty/mingetty entries in /etc/inittab, and
call your program instead.

Getty is the program that brings up the login prompt.

nDian


Quote:> Hello,
> I know this is not a smart question, but hope I can get a quick and
> proofed answer.
> I have an SBC running linux/RH7.3. Now I need to start my program after
> boot-up. The program catches serial input and shows something on the
> screen (svgalib).
> I think I have to replace something in inittab.

> Thanks for any input,

> Adib.


 
 
 

start program on SBC after booting?

Post by Adib Tarabe » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 08:55:49



> You need to change the getty/agetty/mingetty entries in /etc/inittab, and
> call your program instead.

> Getty is the program that brings up the login prompt.

> nDian

Thanks, that worked for me. I replaced the mingetty for the first
virtual terminal.
BTW Is there a possibility to automatically logon as a user and start a
program?
Thanks,

Adib.

 
 
 

start program on SBC after booting?

Post by Jan-Hinnerk Reicher » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 02:42:29



> Thanks, that worked for me. I replaced the mingetty for the first
> virtual terminal.
> BTW Is there a possibility to automatically logon as a user and start a
> program?

"su -s command user" should do the trick. Also take a look at the manpages
for "sudo".

 Jan-Hinnerk

 
 
 

1. booting Bluecat3.0 Linux on SBC 8260 board

I am trying to boot Bluecat3.0 linux on SBC8260 boards. I had to change
polled serial driver of Bluecat as SMC1 port is used for console. My next
problem is : unzipping of  the kernel fails after kernel relocates itself
and tries to decompress. Any clue, what is going wrong ?
I created the kernel by first making a clean build , make a compressed .elf
kernel , combine it with a default.rfs file using "mkboot" command to
generate a .kdi file. It seems, the VISiONWARE loader fails to find the
kernel entry point intothis kdi file altogether.


--
Posted from snowbird.megapath.net [216.200.176.7]
via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

2. US-IA Sys Admin Position Available

3. start program at boot & stop it at shutdown.

4. Man page for GNU diff 2.6

5. Informix problems afters Y2K Solaris 2.5 patch

6. USB Wireless Ethernet

7. how to start several programs at different virtual terminal automatically when booting

8. LILO problems

9. callback, ppp, and morning-afters

10. start program at boot

11. starting a program at boot-time, suse 6.1

12. start program on boot