Help: securing system

Post by Josh Howlet » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 23:37:15

Hi,

I was curious what strategies existed to secure data on systems where
physical security cannot be guarenteed.  In particular, the system must
hold a script containing sensitive information (passwords, etc) that is
needed to access a remote database - this script must be protected from
prying eyes on the physical site where the system is located.

Any ideas?

--
---------------------------------------
Josh Howlett, Network Supervisor,

---------------------------------------

1. Secure Secure Secure

O.k...
So...
Rookie question here...
We are running Red Hat Linux and have setup our DNS box and Web Servers,

All is well.
Now.....We want to be able to run Secure web sites on this system and do
not have the slightest clue as to how to do it.
I have been told I have to find some "hard to get version of Apache"
that supports 128 bit encryption...
Basically...
what do I need to do to be able to host secure web sites.
Buy a site certificate?........Where?
What software do we need.?
Can we do this just using cgi scripts?
Any suggestions ????

Please....if you are able to clarify this whole secure site thing...drop
me an e mail at

I will really appreciate it.....

thanks in advance..

Brian

2. Restrict Minicom Users?

3. Help configuring secure/non-secure portions of site

4. Mount Points

5. secure/non-secure terminal designation

6. Problems with AIX 4.1.5 after y2k patches

7. Secure Server -OK, but what about Secure E-Mail?

8. net send or equivalent from unix to windows using samba.

9. secure/non-secure msg when viewing webpage

10. use of secure and non secure FTP on the sme server

11. secure website error: "secure handshake failed"

12. How secure si secure?

13. secure logs of /var/log/secure