IDE Driver for custom devices

Post by Brazi » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 00:20:39

Dear All,
I've developed an IDE interface controller for an ARM920core processor
(S3c2410).
The controller has been developed in an FPGA.
Actually I view the IDE registers in a memory location:
see this sample:

#define EXTENSIONBOARD_IO_BASE_ADDRESS      (0x28000000) //nGCS5
#define SectorCountR_OFFSET       0x06  //0x03
#define rSectorCountR   (*(volatile U8
*)(EXTENSIONBOARD_IO_BASE_ADDRESS+SCR_OFFSET     ))

so I can access to the register in this form

Sector=Uart_GetIntNum();
rSectorCountR= Sector;    // sector

The device seems to function very well.
I can read an write sectors with a C program compiled for arm-processor.

Now I want to write a linux driver for this device.

Do I write the driver from scratch or I can modify an existing driver?
Which files Do I need to modify?

Every suggestion are welcome...
Best Regards Brazil

IDE Driver for custom devices

Post by jeffer » Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:18:50

Hello Brazil:
     I'm surveying the IDE interface controller for S3C2410 quite a long
time ! It's quite happy hear some company or developer is developing that !
When will this product release and Could I get more detail of this product
something like price? Did it support WinCE or Linux? If none , Maybe our
company will consider to develop it by ourself. My e-mail address is

Regards

Jeffery

Quote:> Dear All,