Starter looking for hints, tips, pointers, etc.

Starter looking for hints, tips, pointers, etc.

Post by Joost van Stuyvenbe » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 04:47:21

Hi there,

Since some time I have been interested in embedded Linux systems,
willing to build one myself. I am experienced in electronics and in
Linux, but not in the combination of those.

Is there anyone out there that can give me hints, tips, etc. for a
starter in the embedded world? I'd like to build a small Linux system
that can act as a web server & MySQL database server, possibly based
on PC104 or a small-board system. Anyone that can advise a specific
brand, type? And maybe even an address in the Netherlands that sells
such boards?

Many, many thanks in advance,

Joost

Starter looking for hints, tips, pointers, etc.

Post by Michael Schnel » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 15:41:47

No need for skills in electronics here. The PC104 board is just a PC. In
your application you need a harddisk, anyway, you can use a standard Linux
distro off the shelf.

PC 104 Boards and add-ons (e.g. by Jumptec) a easily available everywhere.
You can use www.jumptec.de as a starting point for your search.

-Michael Schnell, Lumino GmbH,
 Oppumer Stra?e 81-83, D-47799 Krefeld, Germany.

 Tel.: +49-2151-8196-72  Fax: +49-2151-8196-66-72

1. Looking for some general tips/pointers for career in IT Security

Hello everyone! I am a college student that is working towards a
degree in Network Security. In one of my classes I am supposed to join
a group like this and send this message. If you have any tips or
pointers to help send me in the right direction in this career path I
would appreciate any advice you have. Thanks!
WeirBT

2. Linux on a DEC Hinote (Neomagic woes...)

3. Looking for sample /etc/named.conf and etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts

4. Gnu Emacs 19.7 & Linux .99pl9

5. porting from SysVr3 to SysVr4 - hints and tips needed

6. GIF/JPG viewer

7. dbx hints & tips ?

8. 3Com 905C TXM NIC really support solaris 8 ?

9. Disk utilities and/or hints and tips

10. Tips,hints and HEEELLPPPP!!!!

11. TIPS/HINTS:-> Compiling the kernel?!

12. Matrox Millenium 2mb pci card tips and hints needed

13. Fujitsu-MO M2512A2 (SCSI-2) --- Any experiences/hints/tips ?