X11 keyboard/mouse-problem with ps/2-port

X11 keyboard/mouse-problem with ps/2-port

Post by Jens Nixdor » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 02:20:08

Hi All,

i have following problem with my embedded linux-system. At first some specs:

kernel 2.4.18
xfree 4.1.0
touchscreen connected to ttyS0
mouse and keyboard connected to PS/2

As the system has a touchscreen, normally it would be driven only by this
device. But for service or maintenance sometimes it is better to connect a
keyboard and/or a mouse to it. So i have now following behaviour from the
X11-system:

If all three devices are connected, the system runs properly.
If only the touch is connected, the system runs properly.
But if only touch and keyboard are connected, the keyboard will be ignored
by the X-system. The reason seems to be that if X doesnt found the mouse
at /dev/psaux, this device will completely ignored and so the keyboard is
not responding (even the NumLock-LED could not be set). This comes only in
X, at the console the keyboard is functioning very well (not in xterm).

There is no way to use another device for the mouse, because there is no USB
and the serial ports are all used for other things.

How can i get X to use the PS/2-port for the keyboard, even if the mouse
isn't plugged?

Thank you for all hints,

regards, Jens

--
Die obige Adresse is OK, wird aber nicht gelesen.
Fr Mails an mich bitte "usenet" gegen "jens.nixdorf" austauschen.

1. new PS/2-port and new PS/2-mouse doesn't work

hello, i buied a new PS/2-Port Adapter to get a PS/2 port on my machine, so
that i can cancel my serial mouse and further use my new ps/2 logitech
mouse.

the problem is that the new ps/2 port is not recognized by S.U.S.E 5.3. So
the configuration of the new mouse with "sax" doesn't work.

how can i get the new ps/2 mouse working?  (there are also two new USB-ports
on this adapter, which should work too in the near future, this should be
the same problem)

greetings Torsten

2. Probs compiling INN - no -libutil

3. Belkin 2-Port KVM Switch Kills PS/2 Mouse in X

4. *** Fatal signals on compiling - plz Help ***

5. PROBLEM: PS/2 mouse movements cause lock up of all mouse and keyboard input

6. Flash ROM Driver / Flash File System

7. su in scripts

8. Belkin OmniCube (2-port) resets my keyboard rate in Red Hat Linux 7.1

9. PS/2 Mouse vs PS/2 Keyboard woes

10. Belkin 2-Port KVM Switch Kills Mouse in X

11. Belkin OmniView 2-Port Kills Mouse in Linix