X-Windows on NetBSD/Mac?

Post by Allen Brig » Wed, 06 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>Is XFree 3.1 supported on NetBSD for the Mac?  What is the mininal hardware
>requirements for it?

XFree 3.1 is not, specifically, but X11R6 has been ported.  It only works
in B&W, though, because the video drivers are not robust enough to handle
color, yet.  Minimal requirements?  A machine that runs NetBSD with support
for ADB and a display--it should run on any size monochrome screen.

There may be some oddball or 24-bit cards that don't work, but I don't
recall any off-hand.

-allen

--

   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>

X-Windows on NetBSD/Mac?

Post by David Mye » Wed, 06 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>There may be some oddball or 24-bit cards that don't work, but I don't
>recall any off-hand.

My SE/30's Lapis video card is apparently not supported by MacBSD, in
monochrome or any other mode.  However, my ancient full page mono
board+monitor combination works fine on the same machine.  So it's a mixed
bag.

-David.

David C. Myers

X-Windows on NetBSD/Mac?

Post by Kevin Rad » Thu, 07 Dec 1995 04:00:00

> >There may be some oddball or 24-bit cards that don't work, but I don't
> >recall any off-hand.

> My SE/30's Lapis video card is apparently not supported by MacBSD, in
> monochrome or any other mode.  However, my ancient full page mono
> board+monitor combination works fine on the same machine.  So it's a mixed
> bag.

Hmmm...  My SE/30's Lapis video card works great!  In all modes except
16 bit mode  (And since everything is still 1 bit, anything other than
black and white is pretty slow)....

It is a lapis Pro-colorServer 8.16

Kevin

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. Awful NFS client perf. w/AIX NFS server

3. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

4. Install info

5. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

6. GNU Emacs 18.58 dump problem under SCO UNIX

7. X-Windows for netbsd/sparc?

8. Hacker scan port 111

9. NetBSD/Mac or other Mac PD UNIX

10. How to use a Mac-font under X-windows....??

11. X-Windows windows, dem dam windows!

12. WINDOWS...TRYING TO EMULATE MAC FROM THE START -- & MAC stole idea from C-64

13. Good, free X-Windows client for Windows 98?