MacBSD question

Post by Wolfgang Jesch » Wed, 10 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
I installed MacBSD 1.1 on my IIsi and it runs fine - so far, so good. But
I just learned that it does not support the floppy drive (yet).
So - how do I transfer files to and from my MacBSD filesystem ? I would
like to try porting some software from my unix system at work onto MacBSD,
but I don't want to type in the sourcecode ...
I have another mac available - is there a possibility to do file transfers
via appletalk connection (or whatever) ??? Or can I somehow mount a mac
partition under MacBSD ?

Thanks in advance for every hint ...
Wolfgang

MacBSD question

Post by Chris Lars » Sat, 13 Apr 1996 04:00:00

:>
:>Hi,
:>I installed MacBSD 1.1 on my IIsi and it runs fine - so far, so good. But
:>I just learned that it does not support the floppy drive (yet).
:>So - how do I transfer files to and from my MacBSD filesystem ? I would
:>like to try porting some software from my unix system at work onto MacBSD,
:>but I don't want to type in the sourcecode ...
:>

I think you can copy stuff into the macbsd system using the Installer's
minishell and  "cpin"

If you have communication ability you might try downloading it with
kermit or someting like that.

Good luck

Chris
--

Lab Assistant-Backups     Computer Science Dept.
University of Tennessee- Knoxville

MacBSD question

Post by Russ Eva » Sun, 14 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> I think you can copy stuff into the macbsd system using the Installer's
> minishell and  "cpin"

As a further alternative, you can use the 'hfs' utility from the MacBSD
side.  Find source and executable beneath the mac_utils directory at
NetBSD ftp site and mirrors.

Russ