NFS problem

Post by Matthias Schele » Fri, 24 May 1996 04:00:00

        Hi,

my "/etc/exports" looks like this:

/volume/pubdir  -mapall=foo:bar -ro
/volume         -maproot=root my2ndhost

The problem is that as soon as the second entry is "/etc/exports"
"my2ndhost" is no more able to mount "/volume/pubdir". If I
remove the second entry it works again.

Any sollutions?

--
Matthias Scheler

NFS problem

Post by Manuel Bouy » Fri, 24 May 1996 04:00:00

>    Hi,

> my "/etc/exports" looks like this:

> /volume/pubdir     -mapall=foo:bar -ro
> /volume            -maproot=root my2ndhost

> The problem is that as soon as the second entry is "/etc/exports"
> "my2ndhost" is no more able to mount "/volume/pubdir". If I
> remove the second entry it works again.

> Any sollutions?

try:
/volume/pubdir    -mapall=foo:bar -ro
/volume -alldirs -maproot=root my2ndhost

By default (without alldirs), you can nfs mount a directory, but not his
subdirs.

--
Manuel Bouyer, Ecole Nationale Superieure de Techniques Avancees, Paris

--

NFS problem

Post by Andrew Whead » Mon, 27 May 1996 04:00:00

>> /volume/pubdir -mapall=foo:bar -ro
>> /volume                -maproot=root my2ndhost
>try:
>/volume/pubdir    -mapall=foo:bar -ro
>/volume -alldirs -maproot=root my2ndhost

And if that doesn't work, then try it the other way round, since
my2ndhost might match the first line, and thus have root mapped
to foo:bar. also try makeing 'foo:bar' uid:gid (ie. numbers).

--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (Mark Twain)
current release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"

1. NFS Problems... "Unknown NFS client"

Hi!

I have just installed Slackware 2.3 and I'm trying to use NFS
with a Sun.

I can mount drives on the Sun, but the Sun can't mount drives on my
Linux box. I have stripped the /etc/exports file to include only:

/usr/local    *.my.domain(ro)

Yet, I receive messages like this in the syslog on the Linux box:

mount[49]: Unknown NFS client 191.214.xxx.yyy tried to access /usr/local

I have DNS working, and I have tried to put the Sun in my /etc/hosts
file to no avail...

Anyone know what could be wrong?!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
   Fredrik Lindgren

2. Auto-dialing dynamic IP masquerader... :-)

3. NFS problems with PC/TCP's NFS

4. Support for USR Sportster ISDN ?

5. NFS problem: NFS client hosed by windows machine?

6. mount: /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device

7. NFS problem and swapping problem

8. Cant compile xxgdb_1.08

9. NFS Problem

10. NFS problem