help with printcap (printing on network printer)

help with printcap (printing on network printer)

Post by Frank Matte » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I tried to set up a printer attached to a printserver.
Here my printcap file:

guardian-pr| Network printer on Network Print Server guardian:\
                 :lp=:\
                 :sd=/var/spool/lpd/guardian-pr:\
                 :lf=/var/spool/lpd/guardian-pr/log:\
                 :rm=guardian.rfhsm.ac.uk:\
                 :rp=pr1:

guardian-text| Network printer on Network Print Server
guardian.rfhsm.ac.uk:\
                 :lp=:\
                 :sd=/var/spool/lpd/guardian-text:\
                 :lf=/var/spool/lpd/guardian-text/log:\
                 :rm=guardian.rfhsm.ac.uk:\
                     :rp=pr5\
                     :tr=\f:\

The first entry (guardian-pr) is to print postscript files which works
without problems.
The second for printing ASCII files on the postscript printer. My
problem is now that I have
to do a manual form feed after the job has been printed to get the
paper out of the printer.
According the BSD manual the entry tr:=\f should do this.

Any thoughts how I could change my printcap file is appreciated

1. Please help find a program to print on remote printer (not using /etc/printcap)

Hello,
 Could you please help me to find a program that would just connect to the
remote machine's printer daemon and send a printer job to it (just print a
file). The reason I am asking is that only several people out of few
thousand are going to use that remote printer and the sys.adm is not
willing to add an entry to /etc/printcap.

--
   Nick
----------[  2*2=2*(1+1)=2*1+2*1=2+2=2+(1+1)=(2+1)+1=3+1=4  ]-----------

2. iptables: marking packets question

3. Help NetWork Printing to a Printer with a NetWork Card

4. SparQ

5. Help: /etc/printcap for EPSON LP-9000 printer ( postscript printer)

6. scsi-idle fails on IBM DORS 31260 Ultra

7. Printing to Windows Printer (printcap??)

8. blank desktop w/ red hat after install

9. HP network printer and LP print Service local printing

10. Printing to networked printers through Linux using X-stations as print servers

11. Print from Novell network PC to Solaris network Printer

12. Staircase Network Printing- /etc/printcap !!!

13. need help print to NT based network printer