news server ...

Post by Chris » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,
        I am planning to set up a news server for a group of people but I
dont know which
distribution of news server is better on NEtBSD.
Can someone give me some advise or opinions or directions ?

thanks

CH

news server ...

Post by David Burges » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

A lot of work has been done using INND under NetBSD.  Check the
i386-user or current-user mailing lists from last Spring
(February/March) and look for INND in the subject.

The short answer - I like innd; out of the box it works fine for a small
(<1000 user) news installation.  If you need more power than that, there
are some tweaks that might need to be added.

> Hi all,
>         I am planning to set up a news server for a group of people but I
> dont know which
> distribution of news server is better on NEtBSD.
> Can someone give me some advise or opinions or directions ?

> thanks

> CH

news server ...

Post by Martin Neitz » Sun, 03 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>        I am planning to set up a news server for a group of people but I
>dont know which distribution of news server is better on NEtBSD.

I'm still a cnews fan.   I just happen to love its rigorous
documentation, small footprint, flexibility, resource-aware
implementation; and its /bin/sh scripts which teach you more than any
Unix course offered around the country, BTW).

If your "group of people" is completely located on one and the
same netbsd machine, good ol' BSD msgs(1) might do the job, too.

                        Martin "What? We're already in the 90's?" Neitzel

1. help:feeding news to local news server

Hi all;

I am running redhat 6.2. My ISPs news server is news.adelaide.on.net
and my local news server is gtech. My news server is setup with innd
and pine and I can connect to my ISPs news server with slrn -h
news.adelaide.on.net.

How ddo I setup my system so my local news server will be feed news
from my ISPs news server. I perferr to only use whats available from
the redhat cdrom.

--Regards       David. E. Goble
             goble [AT] kin.net.au
          http://www.kin.net.au/goble
Po Box 648 Kingscote, Kangaroo Island, SA 5223

2. XFree86-3.1.2

3. Linux as a news server with C-news

4. libraries within chroot

5. Setting up a news server (C News or INN)

6. Xnest

7. Mail 2 News for Netscape News server

8. Digiboard and Linux 2.0

9. INN/nntp - news server for internal news?

10. in innd news server how to set some user can kill news ?

11. Problem with slrn news client and news server

12. news server software that "pulls" from another server?

13. news server + mail server