NetBSD/mac68k and kernels?

Post by Andrew Brenn » Sat, 09 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Anyone running the GENERIC-4 kernel from puma?  I pulled it down this
morning and booted ... lots of little debug messages that I had no idea
how to shut off.  Back to GENERIC-2 for me.

Is there a more specific NetBSD/Mac group than this?  I'm subscribed to
the MacBSD list, but there hasn't been a great deal of activity lately.
Then again, maybe I should check my subscription ...

NetBSD/mac68k and kernels?

Post by Ken Naka » Thu, 14 Mar 1996 04:00:00

] Anyone running the GENERIC-4 kernel from puma?  I pulled it down this
] morning and booted ... lots of little debug messages that I had no idea
] how to shut off.  Back to GENERIC-2 for me.

I don't know how to help you since you don't describe your problem
at all.

] Is there a more specific NetBSD/Mac group than this?  I'm subscribed to

Nope.  This is the only one.

] the MacBSD list, but there hasn't been a great deal of activity lately.

That's strange.  I've been getting average of 5 to 10 posts a day.

] Then again, maybe I should check my subscription ...

Yeah, that's what I'd do.

ken
--
Ken Nakata  . . . . Cook College, Rutgers - The State University of New Jersey
http://remus.rutgers.edu/~kenn/, ftp://remus.rutgers.edu/pub/NetBSD/index.html

1. Help! Excessive inverse on NetBSD/Mac68k

I've just gotten NetBSD/mac68k up and running on my IIci (hooray for me,
huh?) and I'm running into a problem... ok, less of a problem than an
annoyance.

Seems that anytime I use man <whatever> I've got about a 50-50 chance of
having the screen left inverted. more (apparently, anyway, since I haven't
changed the default pager) throws up it's "ready when you are" line, in
inverse video, at the bottom of the page (that part works fine) then I
sometimes get the display left doing inverse video, and sometimes not.
Everything shows up fine, it's just that it's all in inverse video from
that point until I do a full-blown reboot.

It happens regardless of what userID I use, whether it's root, or a
"normal" user. The only common thread I can find from one time to the next
is that I always use "vt220" when prompted for terminal type. I suspect
that I could "band-aid" the problem if I were to use echo to print out the
character sequence to reset to normal video, but since it's been more than
10 years since I worked on a vt-220, I don't know what that is. Any help
there? Or better yet, any way to figure out why it's doing it in the first
place, and actually FIX the problem?

Thank in advance...

+---------------------------------+    |Do you ever get the feel that |
|I will choose a path that's clear|    |the story's too damn real and |
|I will choose free will -Rush    |    |in the present tense? -J. Tull|
+---------------------------------+    +------------------------------+

2. Setting mouse accleration?

3. cap on NetBSD/mac68k

4. Segmentation fault

5. two ping crashed NetBSD 1.3.2/mac68k :o(((

6. Directing telnet connections to a particular nty device file

7. Need help : NetBSD/mac68k 1.3.2

8. PPP Modem hangup

9. NetBSD/mac68k, X11R6 error on startx

10. problem booting NetBSD/mac68k