Problem booting NetBSD 1.1 on A3000/040

Post by Christopher P Parr » Thu, 01 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I have an A3000/040 w/6MB of RAM and 2 HD's (one is a fujitsu 1090MB fast
scsi-II HD, the other is an old 50MB quantum).  After going through all the
initial setup procedure, I start the boot strap program and everything seems to
work ok (both hard drives are recognized, the HD control is recognized, etc.).
Then it asks me for the kernal.  I tell it where it is (I've tried everthing
from sd0* to sd0a,b,c,d,e,...) and then some warning messages are displayed and
my system reboots.  Any ideas, help, answers would be appreciated, I haven't
found any documentation on this problem (I don't have a lot of time to look
either).

Thanks in advance

1. Lilo "L 40 40 40 40 40 40..."

Greetings,

I have set up a Linux From Scratch system on a 1.2Gb Maxtor hard drive. It
works fine on my two Athlon systems, but when I put the drive in my Pentium
100, the system results in "L 40 40 40 40 40 40..." before showing the Lilo
menu.

My Lilo.conf contains the "lba32" entry which should mean this would work,
but it doesn't.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Jon

2. HElp with ConfigXF86!!!!

3. LILO saying "L 40 40 40 40 40 40..."

4. linux failsafe (clustering)

5. NetBSD won't boot on SuperKickstart ROM A3000???

6. 3Com Homeconnect USB Webcam?

7. Linux LILO Booting L 40 40 40...

8. how to remove the icons on desktop under GNOME??

9. NetBSD on stand alone 040-card?

10. NetBSD + Apollo 040?

11. NetBSD for mac68k: when for '040 ?

12. netBSD on a Daystar 040