NetBSD 1.4.1 macppc OF boot problem.

Post by Dark Ic » Mon, 06 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi all.

I trying to boot NetBSD on my PowerPC G3 MT 266.
System installed on IDE Primary, partition 0.
But after i try

in OF, OF say:

why?

Post by Emmanuel Dreyf » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> I trying to boot NetBSD on my PowerPC G3 MT 266.
> System installed on IDE Primary, partition 0.
> But after i try

> in OF, OF say:

> why?

Don't know, but OF have many problems on some G3. You can spend lot of
time finding how to workaround a stupid bug, or just boot your kernel of
a floppy, and then mount / from your hard disk...

Netbooting is okay, too...

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus

1. NetBSD 1.6 macppc boot problem

I have installed 1.6 from the .iso on a blue&white G3 Mac (Open Firmware 3.0),
with no problem during the installation, on the second ATA disk ("ultra1:").
The disk has a small HFS partition, /, swap, /usr, /home, and another small HFS
partition.

However, none of the example code snippets for booting that disk from OF are
working for me.  I've determined that the first HFS partition ("ultra1:8") has
a bootable ofwboot.xcf on it (that is, it starts!), but I can find no way to
tell it where to pick up the kernel successfully.

Any suggestions?

--

  "You get what anybody gets.  You get a lifetime."  --Death, of the Endless

2. Samba and FreeBSD.

3. NetBSD/macppc: how to make the boot floppy?

4. Can't find Apache?!?!

5. NetBSD-current boot floppies? (macppc)

7. HOW-TO install NetBSD/macppc

8. Can't install LinuxPPC Q4 2000 on PowerMac G4 with Nvdia GeFOrce 3

9. Xfree NetBSD/macppc PB2400c

10. Netbsd/macppc 1.6 root device?

11. How do you install NetBSD on a MacPPC?

12. State of NetBSD/macppc for iMac????

13. macppc ibook boot problem