Mosaic for NetBSD 1.1 on Sparc ???

Post by Eric Jantz » Tue, 26 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

where can I find binary for NetBSD on Sparc.

AND Mosaic ...

Thank's

    U.C.B.L.    |
     France     |

Mosaic for NetBSD 1.1 on Sparc ???

Post by jcar » Mon, 01 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Don't some of the sparc's have 68k chips? I might be completely wrong -
if so oops just ignore this, but if they do, you might be able to run the
pre-compiled amiga binaries as it is the same processor. I got Mosaic
from a amiga NetBSD site and it runs on my mac great.
jcarr
go to yahoo to find amiga netbsd sites is the easiest way. or it might
be remus.rutgers.edu

Post by Kevin P. Ne » Tue, 02 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: Don't some of the sparc's have 68k chips? I might be completely wrong -
: if so oops just ignore this, but if they do, you might be able to run the
: pre-compiled amiga binaries as it is the same processor. I got Mosaic
: from a amiga NetBSD site and it runs on my mac great.
: jcarr
: go to yahoo to find amiga netbsd sites is the easiest way. or it might
: be remus.rutgers.edu
:

:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm no.

The old Sun  machines has m68k processors in them, yes.

The new Sun machines, the machines with SPARC processors, do not
have Motorola processors.

--
XCOMM --------------------------------------------------------

Mosaic for NetBSD 1.1 on Sparc ???

Post by Matthias Schele » Tue, 02 Apr 1996 04:00:00

jcarr wrote in comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc about "Re: Mosaic for NetBSD 1.1
on Sparc ???":

Quote:> Don't some of the sparc's have 68k chips?

No. Suns with 68k CPUs are called "Sun1 ", "Sun 2" or "Sun 3".
SPARCs are always equiped with a SPARC RISC CPU.

--
Matthias Scheler