undefined pseudo-device abcd

Post by Tarak Pare » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 03:18:10

Hello,

I am writing a pseudo-device abcd
I have added the entry for it in conf.h, conf.c and the configuration file.

Whenever I try to execute config <config-file> I get
undefined pseudo-device abcd.

What do you think the problem might be ?

thanks.

Post by Ben Harr » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 03:29:38

>Hello,

>I am writing a pseudo-device abcd
>I have added the entry for it in conf.h, conf.c and the configuration file.

>Whenever I try to execute config <config-file> I get
>undefined pseudo-device abcd.

>What do you think the problem might be ?

You haven't mentioned it in sys/conf/files.

--
Ben Harris
Unix Support, University of Cambridge Computing Service.

1. STREAMS message from pseudo-device to pseudo-device

Hi everybody,

I have a kernel device driver programming related question for Solaris
2.6.

We have a packet classifier which sits between the IP pseudo-driver
and the network interface driver.

We need to send an unacknowledged message from the IP driver to our
classifier so as to pass on connection setup information. The classifier
is implemented as a pseudo device driver. We have plumbed the classifier
beneath IP, and now need a way to send M_PROTO messages from the IP driver
to the classifier. We have saved up the address of the device write queue
of our classifier in a global variable, but a putnext of a message from IP
onto the classifier's device write queue causes the machine to crash.

(1) In short, is there a way for M_PROTO messages to be transmitted from
IP to our classifier beneath it.

(2) Is there a way to set up a STREAM between two kernel pseudo device
drivers?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Regards,
ravi

2. Memory management on Sun Solaris

3. May 23 10:50:05 mwsbit04 pseudo: [ID 129642 kern.info] pseudo-device: devinfo0

4. Changing color depth!

5. Network Pseudo-device question

6. remote dump problem

7. pseudo-device error in messages

8. 2.5.43 s390 (3/6): uaccess bug.

9. HELP: configuring tun0 pseudo-device

10. Pseudo-Device Driver in Solaris 2.x

11. Pseudo-device Qns

12. Help developing a pseudo-device driver ?

13. SUMMARY: Is this a job for a pseudo-device driver?