Telnet barf on long lines

Post by Jim Dutt » Fri, 23 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Every now and then I get a line that telnet appears to not be able to handle,
and my console/connection gets locked up. I can't break out or anything else.
I have to reboot, which is not very nice.

I have (Amiga) NetBSD V1.0.

Is there a fix for this problem?  Has it been fixed in V1.1 ??

1. Metro-X & RH 4.0 barfs with long Font list.

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone else had noticed that under Metro-X ess 3.5
whatever (the rpm masked up at RedHat's site), if you put a longer
list of fonts than the default it doesn't recognize them and garbles the
list at the next configX?

Also if this happens, the server crashes and burns.
It also crashes if a directory is wrong and won't allow you to
CTRL-ALT -Backspace out of it.

Also my MATLAB5 will not print any vertical text (ylabel).

TTFN
Gregg
--
    __
   /// Gregg Le Blanc: http://eci2.ucsb.edu/~gregger Santa Barbara

\\X/    Our identity is only what conforms to another's definition.

2. find to remove directories

3. Command line: How long is too long?

4. Dual scsi adaptors and setup

5. Line splitting long lines

6. ftp telnet

7. On-line/Off-line long-term power backup

8. Linux - telepath/USR modem and voice

9. (long) telnet BUG (was Re: telnet and ctrl-c)

10. How to make a telnet client send data line-by-line?

11. telnet line-by-line to character-by-character

12. long long & long double types in Linux GCC

13. RH7.2 2.4.X off_t: long or long long?