SLIP with MacBSD ?

Post by Chris Smolins » Tue, 24 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I'm running MacBSD on an SE/30 with an ethernet card and a modem, and would
like to set it up as a router. I want to use the modem to connect to my
ISP, and then route to a TCP/IP network on the ethernet in my house. What
do I need to make the SLIP connection via the modem? I tried playing with
cu, but can't seem to get it to work (it claims the tty00 (or tty01, I
forget) is already in use).

I'm a novice to MacBSD (and unix in general), so I'm not sure if I'm able
to compile source files if that's what is necessary (though I'd certainly
welcome the learning oppurtunity if someone can give me directions).

Thanks,

Chris

|Check out my WWW page at http://www.access.digex.net/~cps/ for scientific   |
|software for the Mac, Free Radio, Shortwave Radio, and Spy Numbers Stations |
|information.                                                                |

1. MacBSD question

Hi,
I installed MacBSD 1.1 on my IIsi and it runs fine - so far, so good. But
I just learned that it does not support the floppy drive (yet).
So - how do I transfer files to and from my MacBSD filesystem ? I would
like to try porting some software from my unix system at work onto MacBSD,
but I don't want to type in the sourcecode ...
I have another mac available - is there a possibility to do file transfers
via appletalk connection (or whatever) ??? Or can I somehow mount a mac
partition under MacBSD ?

Thanks in advance for every hint ...
Wolfgang

2. brctl errors

3. Help!!!, trashed MacBSD

4. ipnat and ipf question

5. MacBSD Help

6. Logging in other than root

7. installing MacBSD on an IDE HD

8. multiple psx pads with gamecon

9. MacBSD problems on LC520

10. MacBSD symbolic links in /tmp

11. How to flush instruction cache on MacBSD ?

12. file system trouble with MacBSD

13. MacBSD Help...