PHP / Java

Post by Jan Branberg » Sat, 30 Jun 2001 16:41:22

Hi,

i am trying to compile PHP with java support ( --with-java ). i have
build sun-jdk13 from pkgsrc. the build of php does not seem to work
because i get an error at the file ext/java/java.c:

"gcc: could not combine -c an -o ..."

when executing the libtool without the --silent, i am able to remove
the -c ( or the -o ), and execute the gcc command by hand. when doing
this i get an other error msg:

/usr/pkg/java/include: file not recognized, operation not permitted.

does anybody have this succesful running on NetBSD 1.5 ? what could be
my problem ?

regards,

Jan Branbergen

PS: My ultimate goal here is to compile PHP with Java, and then use
Oracle JDBC thin client to connect to an Oracle server. Would this be
feasable?

1. php+java

Can ANYONE tell me how to get java support for php working? I compiled
apache with
-pthread option, I properly configured php.ini (and phpinfo() agrees), but I
cannot overcome this:

Fatal error: Unable to load Java Library
/usr/local/jdk1.1.8/lib/i386/green_threads/libjava.so, error:
/usr/local/jdk1.1.8/lib/i386/green_threads/libjava.so: Undefined symbol
"fmod" in /usr/home/ivoras/public_html/jver.php on line 4

apparently, libjava.so links to a symbol 'fmod', which is in libm.so, but is
not linked to use libm.so. (?) (all jdk1.1.8 binaries are actually using
compat3x libraries)

(I have no preference in JDK, I just need the stuff working.)

Ashes to ashes, DOS to DOS

2. PPP Config Problem ?

3. php+java update

4. Load balancing SLiRP & routing problem

5. Apache+PHP+Java

6. Gateway

8. runlevel

9. Apache w/ PHP and SSL: w/ PHP OK - w/out PHP NOK

10. Is it possible PHP take place of Perl and Java

11. JAVA+PHP+Apache on FreeBSD - Success!

12. php ext/java

13. BrowserHawk, Apache, PHP, and Java