adduser

Post by Steve Harri » Wed, 08 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

If I understood correctly netbsd currently lacks a user(add|mod|del)
command? If this is the case and there is any interest, I would be happy
to undertake creating one.

// Stephen M. Harris

adduser

Post by Jim Dutt » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> If I understood correctly netbsd currently lacks a user(add|mod|del)
> command? If this is the case and there is any interest, I would be happy
> to undertake creating one.

Actually, I don't know why the FreeBSD adduser/rmuser (etc.) Perl scripts
have not been "ported" yet, since it is freely distributable so long as their
copyright stuff is not removed.

adduser

Post by Ben Harr » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>> If I understood correctly netbsd currently lacks a user(add|mod|del)
>> command? If this is the case and there is any interest, I would be happy
>> to undertake creating one.

>Actually, I don't know why the FreeBSD adduser/rmuser (etc.) Perl scripts
>have not been "ported" yet, since it is freely distributable so long as their
>copyright stuff is not removed.

There isn't currently a Perl interpreter in NetBSD.

--
Ben Harris
Unix Support, University of Cambridge Computing Service.

adduser

Post by Bill Gunshann » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

|> There isn't currently a Perl interpreter in NetBSD.

Now I'm really confused.  I'm running NetBSD 1.2 on a Sparc and it has
perl.  Are you saying there is no "official" perl or that perl no longer
works under NetBSD??

----------------------------
$ uname -a

$ perl -V
Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 4 subversion 1) configuration:
  Platform:
    osname=netbsd, osvers=1.2, archname=sparc-netbsd

    bincompat3=y useperlio= d_sfio=
  Compiler:
    cc='cc', optimize='-O', gccversion=2.7.2
    cppflags='-I/usr/local/include'
    ccflags ='-I/usr/local/include'
    stdchar='char', d_stdstdio=, usevfork=false
    voidflags=15, castflags=0, d_casti32=define, d_castneg=define
    intsize=4, alignbytes=8, usemymalloc=y, randbits=31
  Linker and Libraries:
    ld='ld', ldflags =' -L/usr/local/lib'
    libpth=/usr/local/lib /usr/lib
    libs=-lgdbm -lm -lc -lcrypt
    libc=/usr/lib/libc.so.12.5, so=so
    useshrplib=false, libperl=libperl.a
  Dynamic Linking:
    dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs, dlext=so, d_dlsymun=define, ccdlflags=' '
    cccdlflags='-DPIC -fPIC ', lddlflags='-Bforcearchive -Bshareable  -L/usr/local/lib'

  Built under netbsd
  Compiled at Feb 21 1998 16:27:46

    /usr/local/lib/perl5/sparc-netbsd/5.00401
    /usr/local/lib/perl5
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/sparc-netbsd
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
    .
-------------------------------

What more would be needed??

bill

--
Bill Gunshannon          |  de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n.  Three wolves

University of Scranton   |
Scranton, Pennsylvania   |         #include <std.disclaimer.h>

adduser

Post by Ben Harr » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>|> There isn't currently a Perl interpreter in NetBSD.

>Now I'm really confused.  I'm running NetBSD 1.2 on a Sparc and it has
>perl.  Are you saying there is no "official" perl or that perl no longer
>works under NetBSD??

That the interpreter isn't a standard part of the installation.  Obviously,
it's easy enough for users to download it and make it work, but making the
user-adding script dependent on it would somewhat negate the point of
supplying the script with the OS in the first place.

>Characteristics of this binary (from libperl):
>  Built under netbsd
>  Compiled at Feb 21 1998 16:27:46

>    /usr/local/lib/perl5/sparc-netbsd/5.00401
          ^^^^^
>What more would be needed??

Perl to be distributed with NetBSD.

--

Post by lkol.. » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> If I understood correctly netbsd currently lacks a user(add|mod|del)
> command?

Huh! What happened to addnerd?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

adduser

Post by Heiko W.Ru » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

|If I understood correctly netbsd currently lacks a user(add|mod|del)

In (base) tree yes. But there is the addnerd package, which provides
that functionality

--
          See <a href="http://www.netbsd.org">NetBSD</a> for a multiplatform OS
Usenet is "the closest thing this planet has to a collective consciousness."

1. adduser parameters: setting up a batch adduser script

How do I send the parameters to adduser to set things like their shell,
their, password, and their comment (full name)??  I think I have a newer (or
older) version of adduser because it doesn't ask for the parameters like the
old one did.  If I don't give it a username (on the command line) it gives an
error asking for one, and when I do, it just makes the user with defaults (no
password, no comment, and /bin/ash as the shell) it doesn't even ask.  I am
trying to make a batch adduser script and I can't figure out how to send the
parameters that I wan't to adduser.  Is there supposed to be a man page about
it?  I can't find the man page.  I have RedHat 4.0 and I installed
EVERYTHING.  I also can't type adduser --help.  It says something about the
user already existing (even though there is no user named --h in my passwd
file).  Where can I find a man page for adduser?

--

Riley McArdle

http://www.toptown.com/hp/griffon/

2. help configuring :modem and sound card

3. Unable to adduser

4. split function

5. RH adduser default group

6. What domain do I use?

7. Script for adduser! Need!!!!

8. equivalent to xdialog?

9. adduser

10. Adduser command keeps returning error

11. I Need an "adduser" Script

12. linux adduser