Sparc install problems

Post by Gerald Heini » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

Im trying to install NetBSD on my SparcStation 10 without any luck so
far.
I downloaded both boot-141.fs and syboot-141.fs from a NetBSD mirror,
ddd them onto a floppy and typed boot floppy

I got

Track 0 reported when on track 2

although this floppy later turned out to be defective.
I got another one and tried both files and got

Track 0 not reported

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Gerald

1. Sparc install problem

I've been happily running OpenBSD on my Intel machines
for some time now, so I decided to also stick it onto
my SparcStation 5. The install went smoothly, but when
I reboot the root partition gets mounted read only -
and stays that way ...

I tried reinstalling and a different partitioning scheme,
but to no avail. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Just for the record, my system is:

SS5 110Mhz
2.1Gb Conner drive (sd0)
1.0Gb Seagat drive (sd1)

Chris

2. GNU Emacs question

3. Red Hat 5.2 for Sparc install problem

4. US SAN FRANCISCO SOFWARE ENGINEERS NEEDED

5. Redhat 5.1 for Sparc install problem

6. WANTED! pc memory upgrade

7. Sparc install problem

8. printer accounting under SunOS 5.2

9. Difference between Sparc 2, Sparc 10 and Ultra Sparc 10

10. Sparc 5 vs Sparc 10 vs Sparc 20

11. Solaris 7 11/99 Install problem on Sparc 5

12. Problem installing Solaris on SPARC-1

13. Problem installing gcc-3.2.2-sol9-sparc (I meant *not* read)