Dynamic IP addresses and fixed hostname

Post by JC CABR » Mon, 02 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

This might not be the correct group to post, but I think it might
be useful to someone...

I've been developing a system to allow UNIX hosts who connect with a
dynamic IP address from a provider, to have a fixed fully qualified domain
name, whatever is their IP address.

The primary stage is finished, and the system seems to be working allright
and effectively. Though it is still in beta testing.

If anyone is connecting a FreeBSD/Linux/Other system to the Internet with a
Dynamic IP address, and would like to have a permanent address, please feel
free to visit our Web site and try DHIS. The service is provided free of
cost.

        http://www.osdr.eu.org/osdr/dhis/

Thanks,
Joao Cabral.

Post by hyen » Wed, 04 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> Hi all,

> This might not be the correct group to post, but I think it might
> be useful to someone...

> I've been developing a system to allow UNIX hosts who connect with a
> dynamic IP address from a provider, to have a fixed fully qualified domain
> name, whatever is their IP address.

> The primary stage is finished, and the system seems to be working allright
> and effectively. Though it is still in beta testing.

> If anyone is connecting a FreeBSD/Linux/Other system to the Internet with a
> Dynamic IP address, and would like to have a permanent address, please feel
> free to visit our Web site and try DHIS. The service is provided free of
> cost.

check out http://www.ml.org under Dynamic Domains

1. Dynamic IP addresses and fixed hostname

Hi all,

This might not be the correct group to post, but I think it might
be useful to someone...

I've been developing a system to allow UNIX hosts who connect with a
dynamic IP address from a provider, to have a fixed fully qualified domain
name, whatever is their IP address.

The primary stage is finished, and the system seems to be working allright
and effectively. Though it is still in beta testing.

If anyone is connecting a FreeBSD/Linux/Other system to the Internet with a
Dynamic IP address, and would like to have a permanent address, please feel
free to visit our Web site and try DHIS. The service is provided free of
cost.

        http://www.osdr.eu.org/osdr/dhis/

Thanks,
Joao Cabral.

2. No Voodoo banshee for X ?

3. ntpd nice -52 ???

4. Dynamic IP address and hostname

5. Epson Stylus Color II

6. 'Static Hostnames' while having a dynamic IP address

7. Debian on PB1400CS

8. Static Hostname, Dynamic IP address...

9. dynamic ip address - how to get to know my ip address?

10. Help setting up VPN between dynamic ppp and fixed IP address ...

11. using mac address instead of an IP address of hostname

12. replace dynamic ip address in html file with new address